Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain not renewed!

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Domain not renewed!

A friend of mine who has his domain hosted with PlusNet and gets all his mail delivered to it, suddenly discovered that he was getting no mail. I investigated and found his PN mail address worked fine, it was just his domain that didn't work. I now see that the domain was allowed to expire despite PlusNet supposedly having to auto renew it.  It seems another host has grabbed the domain.
What to do?
I presume PlusNet are liable for purchasing the domain back from whoever has grabbed it?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Domain not renewed!

Can you let me know your friends account details so we can take a look?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Chris thanks for your help on this one.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

OK, Have got the real story now - apparently the domain was not registered with PN, but with Nildram (as was), now TalkTalk Business. They never sent out a renewal notice email AFAIKS.
Perhaps we will have some luck with the "Redemption Grace Period" in getting the domain back from the Domain Sniper?
This is all a bit of a nightmare, as his email is going to a third party potentially.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck with getting the domain back.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.