cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain not renewed Freenetname/Madasafish

cjf1983

Domain not renewed Freenetname/Madasafish

Seems to be a similar theme to others. Have had a Freenetname / Madasafish email and associated domain for years now, and I usually get billed yearly and the domain renews. It appears that the domain hasn’t been renewed and I wasn’t given any notification about it. I am now concerned about losing email access. I also can’t login to the admin area as it’s been so long since I last needed to login, I can’t get any password resets. 

Ideally I wish to move my email and domain from Plusnet as I have very little control over it anymore but can’t work out how to go about this. I’d also like the domain renewed so I don’t have any loss of email . 

Thanks you. 

10 REPLIES 10
pgs748

Re: Domain not renewed Freenetname/Madasafish

Same thing looming for us. Nominet registration expires November 2019, so how to renew or move when Nominet refers me back to the registrar, Madasafish?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @cjf1983,

Please send me your account username or domain you want to renew via a private message as I am currently struggling to locate your account. Once that's that's I will then escalate it to the relevant team to renew the domain which is now free of charge.

In terms of transferring our your domain, you would need to provide us with the IPS TAG for the new domain host. We will then raise a task from our end to process the transfer of your domain.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @pgs748,

If you would like to contact us in October through this platform and we will happily raise a task to renew your domain. Alternatively, you could provide us with your new domain host IPS TAG to transfer your domain away us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
pgs748

Thank you for your offer of help, Beyhive. 

I'll contact you in a few weeks or would it be helpful for you to already have our Nominet registration?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @pgs748 you'll be fine just by getting back to us here in october. We'll arrange the renewal.

pgs748

Hello Optimatts

We'd like to keep our domain "PurdyGS.co.uk" registered with Nominet, due to expire in November. Madasafish is the registrar, but we get a message <madasafish refused to connect> Can you help resolve this please?

Regards

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @pgs748,

I've passed that along to our network operations team to renew for you and hopefully it will fix this issue. You can find the ticket associated with this task here.

Thanks.

pgs748

Thank you Mads, but I still get the message "madasafish.com refused to connect"

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for letting us know @pgs748

I've pushed this back to our network team and pointed them at this thread so that they can fully understand the issue.

When I receive an update on your open task, I'll report it here.

Thanks

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @pgs748

Our network team have confirmed that your domain has been renewed and that the error message you're seeing isn't related to an expired subscription.

Could you please advise when you're getting this error message so that we can diagnose this further?

Best wishes

Dave