cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name & mailing list

flabbio
Grafter

Domain name & mailing list

I set up a mailing list which works great but only with my plusnet username and not my domain name.  Huh
Is this a configuration issue on my behalf?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
flabbio
Grafter

Re: Domain name & mailing list

Sorry, didn't explain myself there too well.
I'm using the new mailing list feature on my account.  I have set it up so that I can send to cod@username.plus.com and that mail is distributed to everyone that has subscribed to the list.  This works 100% Grin
However, I want to use my domain name in this scenario whereby mail sent to cod@domainname.co.uk has the same effect but it doesn't work.  Mail sent to that address gets bounced back.  Cry
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
I'm pretty certain that mailing lists only work on the username.plus.com address, I'll check tomorrow and be certain.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
flabbio
Grafter

Dave.  Just wondering if you checked that out for me?
If it's not possible to do at the moment,  is it something that PlusNet are working on?
Thanks
flabbio
Grafter

Anyone ?
BJepson
Grafter

Quote from: flabbio
Anyone ?

I have a mailing list set up on F9 that works with my hosted domain.  The only problem is that the list server creates confirmation links for new subscribers that refer to the default username.
Apparently this cannot be changed, so you can't use lists and have your default username email swithed off to avoid spam.
flabbio
Grafter

Hmmm. This absolutely refuses to work for me with my hosted domain name. 
With the mailing list set to list@username.plus.com I can subscribe to, get the info etc without any problem.  The confirmation email comes from list-help@username.plus.com
When I try sending to list@domain.co.uk the mail is bounced back with error 5.7.0. 
I raised a ticket with support and they replied
...Unfortunately the list will only work properly with your username email addresses.... 
so it looks like I cant use the mailing list in this way and will have to resort to pointing the domain elsewhere.
flabbio
Grafter

Judging by the amount of times this thread has been read it seems like there may be a few others who would like to see this functionality introduced to the mail list manager.
How about it PlusNet?  Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

or people are just curious Wink
The mailing list functions have been around for some time but there have been many problems with it.
I doubt it will be high on any TODO list to improve things so you may be waiting a long time I'm afraid.
flabbio
Grafter

lets hope it piques the curiosity of enough PlusNet staff to do something about it  Grin