Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain expiry - freenetname/madasafish

FIXED
Tim20vt
Hooked

Domain expiry - freenetname/madasafish

I received an email from nominet saying that my domain had expired.  I have had this domain for well over a decade and it was originally provided to my by Freenetname.  Since subsequent changes to Madasafish and then Plusnet, I have never had to renew or pay for this as it was free (hence the original company's name).

i contacted Plusnet support three weeks ago and was assured that this would be sorted.  I was originally told that there would be an annual cost to retain my domain, then told that there was a monthly charge of £1 that Plusnet would then credit back to me.  Then I get told that there would be a two year renewal charge that they would then credit back to me.....  Although I don't wholeheartedly agree with this option as the original premise for Freenetname was that the domain was provide foc for life, I have agreed to this option.  The majority of this has been through a "ticket" on the Madasafish system.  Despite me posting comments on this ticket agreeing to their proposal, and requesting that they contact me (I am currently on holiday) either through the ticket or an alternative number I have provided, I am met with silence..... I am shocked at the poor level of customer service that I am receiving on this matter considering that customer service is an element that Plusnet appear to be so proud of!

i have today received a further email from nominet saying that as my registrar has not yet renewed my domain, it will be suspended in seven days!

i am resorting to this forum in the hope that someone out there, either from the community, or Plusnet, can provide any advice on how I get this resolve before my domain is suspended.  As I am out of the country at the moment, telephoning isn't a viable option.

Please help.....

14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Domain expiry - freenetname/madasafish

@Tim20vt

Hi, given the short timescale for renewal,  I've escalted your post up for better visibilty from the PN Help team. Hopefully someone will be along shortly..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @Tim20vt,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your domain renewal and that you've not received a response to your replies on the ticket. I've passed feedback on in regards to this.

I've had a look into this for you now. As my response contains some account specific information I've added this to the ticket on your account - you can view this here. Please let us know if you have any questions. If not, I'll be back in touch once I've received an update on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Tim20vt
Hooked

Thanks both misterW and EmilyD, I finally seem to be getting some traction on this.

stephenwood74
Dabbler

Hi

I have the same problem. Got an email from nominet last week. How do I get my domain kept active?

Tim20vt
Hooked

Contact PN by every means you can.... Eventually someone who understands the issue will sort it....  The main issue I had with them was a lack of communication.  The 'ticket' for the issue was raised on their Madasafish portal, and despite them promoting this as a method for communication, a huge number of my posts on the ticket were met with silence...

posting on here seemed to help as EmilyD saw it and must have rattled some cages somewhere.  I then had a call from the original advisor who said it was being sorted and would take up to 5 working days.  As I had just had a second notification from Nominet saying I had seven days before full suspension, I obviously wasn't happy with this (3 weeks had already passed since I contacted PN).  I asked to speak to their supervisor, who eventually came on the call and assured me that he was escalating it internally and it would be done very soon.  Within an hour or so it was sorted.

I have no idea why they made such a meal of what is a very simple process, but I am just relieved it got resolved.

Good luck, hopefully you will have an easier road through this than I did.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @stephenwood74

Please accept our apologies for the issue with your domain not being renewed.

I have now raised a domain renewal with the relevant department and raised a ticket on your account which can be viewed here.

@Tim20vt

This appears to be an automation error on our systems, where instead of generating a task / ticket to the relevant department to renew, it is not generated meaning some manual intervention is required.

I can also confirm this has been flagged as an incident to push more awareness out to our customer solutions team.

Again, thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
stephenwood74
Dabbler

Thanks. Just had an email to confirm my domain has been renewed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that Stephen! 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Razoir
Hooked

Hi,

I too have the same problem, now only 3 days until my domain name expires with Nominet.

Please could you sort this as I want to renew!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Razoir,

I've sent your domain renewal request over now and we should receive an update shortly. I've also added a ticket to your account which you can view here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Razoir
Hooked

Thanks EmilyD.

How long should I expect it to take before I receive confirmation. Bit concerned as Domain is due to expire either today or tomorrow. Can you check progress please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Razoir, these are usually picked up within a couple of days. I understand your concern so I'm getting this flagged up to a member of the right team to see if we can get that sorted today. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Razoir
Hooked

Any update for me? A week tomorrow since you said you'd get it sorted and I've heard nothing more......

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there @Razoir

I can see that an update has been added to your ticket on Monday; https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=181063816

Kind regards - Dean