Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Transfer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Domain Transfer

Is it still possible to Transfer a domain in for Hosting only ?

If so, what's the procedure now ( with the demise of the ticket system ) ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Domain Transfer

I think that ability is retained if your legacy account type allowed it and you still have webspace.

Getting this done remains ticket related. Information is given on the legacy help page How to transfer a domain. Expand the Hosting only section.

David
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Thanks David, I've been here for some while and do have webspace so I would guess my legacy account did allow it.  I'd already been to the legacy help page. The help assistant path it refers to

Technical Support > Domains & DNS > Transfer a Domain In > Hosting Only (any domain)

doesn't exist any more, there's only a Domains & DNS option , which when you select it is purely DNS.

I guessed it was probably still ticket related since I would assume that the normal CSC phone/chat people wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about!. 

I actually only want it for email, my current email forwarder doesn't work very well with the PlusNet SPF checking and so moving the domain would eliminate that. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, as you say the slimmed down ticket system only has the Domains & DNS main option. I suggest putting your request in there with an introductory paragraph explaining your requirement.

Based on recent posts in other topics the timescales quoted in the reference article are somewhat optimistic.

David
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

It's even more slimmed down than you think - if you click on the Domains and DNS link you'll find that the only option is then DNS.

Can't raise a ticket/question on Domains now - no idea how you're supposed to manage transfers.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!