Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Transfer Out

FIXED
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Domain Transfer Out

I am trying to transfer out a domain S6ook.co.uk from PlusNet ( Tag is FORCE9) to 123-REG in preparation for moving from PlusNet on Monday.

I went through the transfer out process last Wednesday, and access o the domain on my account and E-mail forwarding instantly stopped. However the Tag was not changed and the transfer has not happened.

I chased via chat on Friday ( Ticket  #160288538 was the result) but the Domain is still tagged to FORCE9, so 123-REG cannot get at it.

How long does it take. How come the e-mail  and access can stop automatically, but the Tag change can't.

I don't suppose there is any chance now before Monday. Add on the 24 Hours 123-REG say it may take, and I am without access to the domain's E-mail for a whole week!!

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Domain Transfer Out

Fix

Hi there.

It looks like the domain elves have picked this up for you yesterday morning.

Everything working now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This has been broken for well over a year!

Why hasn't something been done about it? If the underlying problem can't be easily fixed how long does it take to remove the transfer out button and replace it with an instruction to call, use chat or raise a ticket? Even if the agent is clueless about this, it would mean users aren't left with their domain in limbo with all emails not getting through!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I think this may be on the Superuser agenda.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tillrock

I'm having the same problem at the moment, Yesterday I filled in the online form to have my domain moved from Madasafish (Plusnet) to One.com only to find out today that the online form doesn't work properly, and has to be done manually, good job I called to chase up, they have raised a ticket (ID: 161011016) for me, but how long will it take to be processed?Huh

Its already 24hrs without emails, and reading some comments on here, it could be the end of the week.

Surely in todays world, it should take a matter of seconds to complete the transfer, do these companies not realise how important emails are to us in every day life Sad

jelv
Seasoned Hero

I can't believe they still haven't just disabled the "foul up your domain" button!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

This is on the "to do" list but not at the top. I'll follow it up again.

David
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Domain Transfer button on the Domain Names management page has been removed. Thumbs_Up

Replaced with the simple advice

If you want to transfer your domain, please call us on 0800 432 0200.

Hopefully this will eliminate periods with the domain in limbo whilst the manual process catches up.

David
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've just done a search on here to see how long this issue has been going on. It's at least a year and I found one post from Match 2016 reporting the issue. I also found this post from Bob Pullen in July this year saying something needed doing (he suggested that it would probably be what has now been done).

I suppose they have actually managed to implement something so amazingly quickly (going by Plusnet normal timescales) because the change was so simple!