Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Renewal

geewizz
Grafter

Domain Renewal

I looked up the "My Domains" section and found the following information :
You have not made a choice regarding your domain renewal.
Your domain, www.*******.co.uk is set to expire on 2009-03-05
Your hosting for domain, www.*******.co.uk is set to expire on 2004-03-05

I'm assuming that when the date that the hosting is set to expire has already passed then the hosting has already expired. Presumably, if I have not made a choice on the renewal of the domain then Plusnet would allow it to expire but the dates don't appear to confirm that.
I vaguely remember starting to upload stuff to that domain and then forgetting about it until I lost access. Now I can't edit or remove what is on there. Will Plusnet continue to renew the domain unless I cancel it?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Domain Renewal

Looks like it's being renewed automagically for you each year. You are paying £1 per month to have it hosted and registered. It doesn't need renewing again until Renewal date:  05-Mar-2009.
If you don't want the domain anymore then we can remove it from your account and get rid of the £1 charge.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geewizz
Grafter

I had assumed that it wasn't being hosted. Silly me. 2004 is a long time ago and I must have paid at least £48 for something which it says was awaiting renewal in March 2004.
So, would I be right in assuming that I have ftp access to the site? I would love to remove the current page and replace it with something else.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep you still have FTP access to it. Follow the instructions here:-
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/setup/uploading_files_ftp.shtml
The domain is pointing to the same place as your default webspace www.username.free-online.co.uk so any changes you make there will show on the domain too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geewizz
Grafter

Excellent. Thanks for the help, Chris.
Maybe you could notify the relevant bodies about that wierd bit of text that tells a customer that something is going to expire on a date that has already passed. It has cost me £50.