Domain Renewal

My domain was meant to be renewed on the 12/04/2008
Currently its is still working
My card details are up to date
And I am still receiving mails telling me my domain has not been renewed
Can someone help I want to do the following
1. Renew the domain I have
or
2. allow it to lapse and re register with another domain name company for much less than plusnet charge then transfer it in to be hosted on plusnet
Questions
1. Why wont it renew ? automatically
2. If I leave it how long will it take until I can re-register it ?
3. Can I simply transfer it out to say fasthost or something then redirect to my webspace here ? Save some money in the proccess
4 I had a free domain registered years ago with PL It has not been renewed but still shows as hosted etc can PL transfer my other domain to me as a free domain?

Cheers
Jim
1 REPLY 1
aaronbennett
Dabbler

Re: Domain Renewal

1. Why wont it renew ? automatically
If you have received no notification of a failed renewal, this is usually down to you not setting a positive renewal choice in the domains area of your member centre. Please raise a ticket on your account alerting us as to which domain you wish to renew.

2. If I leave it how long will it take until I can re-register it ?
This depends on the type of domain, usually a couple of months, but I'm not going to break down the process right now as I think this is an unwise option.
3. Can I simply transfer it out to say fasthost or something then redirect to my webspace here ? Save some money in the proccess
Or we can transfer the domain internally to our dedicated RSP, just-the-name.co.uk. This costs £15+VAT for a TLD (.com .net etc) - the transfer will extend the life of the domain by a further year. The transfer is free for a ccTLD (.uk). Please take a look at the JTN website and again let us know on a ticket if you wish to do this.
4 I had a free domain registered years ago with PL It has not been renewed but still shows as hosted etc can PL transfer my other domain to me as a free domain?
If you have a spare 'free domain' component, and provided you are talking about a *.uk domain, then yes, no problem.