cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Renewal and transfer issue

CLDNetPlus
Hooked

Domain Renewal and transfer issue

Recently I noticed one of my domains that was set to auto renew was not renewed. 

I have contacted plusnet several times about this. In the first case I was told it would be renewed. Then I was told that plusnet no longer do anything with domains. Then I was told but yet another person that as plusnet no longer deal with domains they would issue codes so I could transfer this and my other domains to someone else for hosting. This hasnt happened.

Its fine if plusnet dont want to deal with domains but surely they need to offer the ability to renew existing domains and then allow them to be transferred. For me this means is a big issue for my data. If someone else gets hold of my domains this could give them access to various accounts with personal data.

As far as I am aware I cannot transfer these domains out without plusnets transfer codes. I'd be very grateful for any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved.

5 REPLIES 5
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Domain Renewal and transfer issue

Hi @CLDNetPlus,

I sincerely apologise for the information previously provided.

If you haven't received any information via email suggesting that there will be changes to your domain then I assure you nothing will change. It's not that we no longer support domains, it's that we no longer accept new registrations.

As the information in regards to your domains is sensitive, I have created a ticket which you can access here.

If you reply to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
CLDNetPlus
Hooked

Hello

I spoke to enom about the last domain on your reply. They say this is administered by plusnet and must be renewed through you.

This is now well overdue so i please could you advise.

Colin

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @CLDNetPlus,

Thank you for confirming that information. I'm sorry that your domain wasn't renewed and for the inconvenience caused.

I can see that this has now been raised to our network operations team for renewal and this should be completed within five working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@EmilyD wrote:

@EmilyD

I can see that this has now been raised to our network operations team for renewal and this should be completed within five working days.

How long?  This is incredibly slow for a domain renewal - 5 hours maybe!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I'm sorry that this has been difficult to resolve, there is some account specific information that I obviously can't share publically but if you check the ticket you'll be able to view the full response.

I just wanted to share a timeline of events that will hopefully explain what went wrong and how we are trying to fix it.

We sent you SN388998813 on 19/10/18 which confirmed that the domain would expire on 15/01/2019. 

On 31/10/18, ticket 184099383 was raised asking to transfer the domain out. There was a long delay here, and we do apologise for that. However, we replied to your transfer request on 29/11/18 explaining that we wouldn't be able to send out an EPP key for the transfer until the contact email address was confirmed. The email address used for the domain was postmaster@username.plus.com with the ticket notification going to colin@username.plus.com. 

The email address was never verified, so we were never able to issue you an EPP key for the transfer. We then sent you two more domain expiry notices on ticket 185790803 (21/12/18) and ticket 186360996 (11/01/19), but we didn't hear anything back from yourselves until you requested that your domain is renewed on 08/02/19. This is three weeks after the domain had expired.

So, the domain is still within our account and has been renewed for a year as a goodwill measure. However, please do confirm the contact email address for use with this domain. A new verification email was sent out to the postmaster@username.plus.com address this morning, so please either verify your address with that or provide us a different email address for use. This is very important to allow you to manage your domain. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager