cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name

haughmond

Domain Name

Many years ago i signed up with "freenetname" and received a free domain name. They got bought out by madasafish who in turn got bought out by pn. What is the process in transferring my domain name away from pn to 123reg.....

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
haughmond

Re: Domain Name

@EmilyD 

@Gandalf 

@adamwalker 

can you help?

Thanks

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hi @haughmond 

I think that involves changing the IPS tag on the domain to 123.

Never done that before on my domains, so I can't help any further. Someone else here probably can.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you go to "manage my account" towards the bottom of the page is Domain names and you should be able to transfer it from there

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

@mort7890  there used to be a Transfer option there but it never worked properly and was removed.

You can however still raise a ticket fro domain transfer

@haughmond login to the member centre and go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/

Select Domains and DNS and then in the question, ask that the IPS tag for your domain be changed to that required for 123.

It's probably a good idea to post back on here with the ticket number, so that if one of the Help team see it they can process it.

It's a good idea to check with nominet that your contact email fro the domain is correct before initiating the transfer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just checked on my account and found the following details

If you want to transfer your domain, please call us on 0800 432 0200.

So @haughmond you will have to make the phone call, sorry.

haughmond

ive never had a plusnet login, the only email address I have is the old freenetname address and that doesnt work when used for logging in...