cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name questions

atbs1
Grafter

Domain Name questions

Just over a month ago I made the decision to allow a local person to upgrade our business web site, which has been hosted with Plusnet.  The designer said that he was unable to edit or re-build our site whistl it was hosted by Plusnet and requested that our .co.uk domain be transferred to Enom.  The  transfer was started by our domain has not been received or set up by Enom.  (In trying to use their online help they are quite abysmal) Consequently I want to bring .co.uk back to Plusnet.  Incidentally, moving this domain name out caused a huge interruption to our e-mails addressed to that address.
1 Can any one help me with how to get my domain name back please?
2 I have another domain name .com and if I can't get .co.uk back would like to make it my default e-mail here at Plusnet - can this be done please?
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Domain Name questions

Hi there,
I've had a look at your account and can see a .co.uk still listed there (you should be able to see which one this is via our member centre) if you're referring to that domain it's still tagged to us and pointed at our name servers, however when trying to browse to it a directory called "redirect" is all that's visible, clicking on that redirects to your site, that would tell me that a redirect perhaps to Enom's hosting has been attempted but the domain hasn't been transferred so I'd have a word with your website designer who should be able to undo that for you.
likewise with the .com I can see that you've changed the mail setting for that to pop3 earlier this morning so that should just be a case of waiting a few hours (I'd expect that to update by tomorrow) for DNS to propagate and allow the changes to take effect.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
atbs1
Grafter

Dear Adam,
Having stirred up my (non) web designer he states as follows: Stephen
As i tried to tell you, the transfer never happened, and was not upoaded to my server, which is why i was unable to edit it, and am also unable to transfer it 'back', i have not recieved it yet. Sorry for any inconvenience,
OK, so does this mean that it HAS left Plusnet or not?  If it has, but not arrived at ENOM, what if anything, can I do to get it back?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam has already answered that:
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've had a look at your account and can see a .co.uk still listed there (you should be able to see which one this is via our member centre) if you're referring to that domain it's still tagged to us and pointed at our name servers

It has NOT left Plusnet, the problem is that you don't have the correct contents in the server directory that your domain is pointing to.
You can see your domain settings at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=domainv2&?membermenu=domainnames
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

To transfer a domain out from Plusnet can only be done via your account, did you give your web designer your account details?
If you do a Whois for you domain you then can see who the registrar and which nameservers are being used.
By what Adam has stated the domain is still with Plusnet so not sure why your emails were affected.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Sorry to hijack the thread
Ive just checked my domain on Whois and see its due to expire in march 2014  Cry
Can you extend? How can I renew my domain? I will be in the SH1T if my family loose their e-mail addresses  Embarrassed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ok found the answer http://www.nominet.org.uk/uk-domain-names/manage-your-domain/renew phew  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
atbs1
Grafter

@jelv: the domain name I am looking for does not appear on my domain list - that is exactly the problem, and why when I "transferred it out" all of our e-mail addresses went to pot. 
@itsme I am shown at Nominet as the owner of the domain - and it's shown hosted at plusnet.
Registrar:
    eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
    URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 12-Jul-2000
    Expiry date:  12-Jul-2014
    Last updated:  13-Jul-2013

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    ns1.force9.net
    ns1.plusnet.co.uk    195.166.128.17
    ns2.force9.net
    ns2.plusnet.co.uk    212.159.13.150

WHOIS lookup made at 15:15:53 11-Sep-2013
Help please
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It might just be a case of transferring the domain back in to us for hosting only assuming you want to keep the registration with ENOM. I'll take a look and see.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

OK, so I think I've figured out which domain it is, and yes the nameservers are still ours. Can you create a ticket on your account asking for the domain to be transferred back in for hosting only along with the whois record.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
atbs1
Grafter

@Chris
Yes I can create a ticket.  First, assuming I get it back will all of my e-mail addressed to .co.uk continue? Secondly when you say "hosting only" what exactly does that mean?  It's the "only" that concerns me?
Chris
Legend

Once the domain is back on your account, any email addresses you had previously should work again.
I say hosting 'only' opposed to hosting and registration (as you've already got it registered elsewhere) and we're not the cheapest for domain registration.
atbs1
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
I aapreiciate you help and patiance toward me. I'll now raise a ticket....
pcathomerepairs
Grafter

I dont know if this is still the case or not
but PN will not let anyone else ftp to your site if they are with a different BB provider
I have come across this a few times now Cry
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: 365webhost247
I dont know if this is still the case or not
but PN will not let anyone else ftp to your site if they are with a different BB provider

You can FTP from anywhere if you have a subscription account and are connecting to our Homepages servers.
Access from PAYG accounts and access to the CGI platform is locked down to Plusnet IPs though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵