Did you mean: 

Domain Name and hosting

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Domain Name and hosting

Hi,

Can anyone tell me,

a) is it still possible to transfer a domain to Plus Net and host a small website and email

b) what does it cost?

c) Whats the process in doing so?

Thanks

Run hare

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Domain Name and hosting

@runhare Simple answer - no. Plusnet no longer offer hosting services, other than for those few who have a legacy service.

John
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Actually it looks like the answer is yes you can if you’ve got a legacy account https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Migrate-an-existing-domain-email-website-to-Plusnet/m-p/1693218/...

It’ll be free of charge to transfer and no monthly cost but I believe there’s a very small webspace allowance.

NeilGLL

The answer is Maybe !

PN don't offer the domain/ web hosting service to new business customers. As per the link in the reply from Thraill they only offer domain services to anyone who signed up before 5th December 2017. Presume that means signed up to business broadband before that date. I guess if you've been a business customer prior to that date you can request the service.  Cost of web hosting was free (not sure about domain)  but had limits 250mb or 500mb disk space + 250mb daily bandwidth.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@runhare whilst @Thrall is probably correct if you have a legacy account, domain hosting is a VERY legacy product and few support staff are even aware of it!. There are serious restrictions, as mentioned, limited webspace, the traffic allowance to your website is also very limited. Email lacks the ability to setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC which, if you are planning to use domain email,  will be a potential problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.