cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name Transfer

IanHumphrey

Domain Name Transfer

Hi,

Like countless other people I am having trouble moving a domain name. I am trying to move a domain that I have on Madasafish to my Plusnet account.

I went on to my Plusnet account to find out how you transfer in a domain name and it told me that the tag had to be changed to FORCE9.

In order to do this I went on to my Madasafish account and put in the request and paid the £25.54 fee to have the tag changed. after about a week or so nothing had happened so I contacted customer support but they were unable to help me but they did open a ticket.

Unfortunately, the matter is still unresolved and to make matters worse I accidentally closed the ticket thinking I was clicking the make a comment section.

As today Plusnet are having a really bad day I am unable to contact customer services. What makes this worse is that the email address that is attached to my domain no longer works either, this is somewhat annoying as I use it for my hobby.

I do find it somewhat perplexing that this is causing me so much hassle especially as the domain is being hosted by the Plusnet owned Madasafish on a FORCE9 server and is likely to stay on the same server and I get charged to change the tag.

If someone could look into this please.

Many thanks,

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Domain Name Transfer

Hi Ian,

Would you mind opening a support ticket on the Plusnet account here? In doing so, simply state which domain it is you want transferring across and the username from the old Freenetname account.

Are you aware that any mail/address book content etc. from the Madasafish account will not follow you across to the Plusnet account? You will also need to alter the settings of any email applications you have configured to collect mail. If you have any additional mailboxes under the domain, the situation becomes even more fiddly.

If you let me know once the ticket is raised, I'll get things sorted for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

IanHumphrey

Hi Bob,

I have raised the support ticket as you have requested. Yes I am aware of the address book not transferring, my address book that I use is on my email client.

Many thanks,

Ian

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Thanks, I've set the necessary wheels in motion.

Am I right to assume you'll want the Freenetname account cancelling once everything's transferred?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

IanHumphrey

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your prompt action, it seems like I should have come here first.

Yes, you are 100% correct in your assumption, I do wish to cancel the Freenetname account once the domain is transferred.

Many thanks,

Ian