cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Hosting

chaser

Domain Hosting

Hi,
I have recently set up an plusnet broadband account with the username set to match my domain name.
I would now like to transfer in my existing domain (mydomain.co.uk) from dyndns.com. I understand this should be fairly straight forward using the 'Transfer In' option. At the same time I would also like to add the new .uk version of my domain (mydomain.uk), which is reserved for my use. Can I do this using the 'Opt In' option? The opt in page implies that I can only register a .co.uk domain. Also, Can plusnet actually host more than one domain name for me, or would I be better using another provider (like godaddy)?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Domain Hosting

unless you are on a business account hosting isn't free http://www.plus.net/support/hosting/domains/cost-and-allowances.shtml
chaser

Thanks for the quick feedback.
It all looks quite expensive. I'm a bit confused about the pricing, though. I'm a residential customer potentially looking to transfer one domain in, and register a second. For the transferred domain (mydomain.co.uk), is that free for the transfer in, and then £30 for hosting (or is it then £1 per month thereafter)? For the new (second) domain (mydomain.uk), would I then be charged registration @ £52.88 + hosting @ £30? Am I even allowed to have 2 domains as a residential customer? It's all quite confusing, but if the prices are as I've interpreted, then I guess godaddy would be a much better option.
TIA.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: chaser
I'm a residential customer potentially looking to transfer one domain in, and register a second. For the transferred domain (mydomain.co.uk), is that free for the transfer in, and then £30 for hosting (or is it then £1 per month thereafter)?

You would pay £1/mnth, however you should be aware that there is no webspace entitlement offered with your account so the domain would only really be useful for the purpose of email, unless you're able to point the hosting elsewhere using A records (our domain control system platform does not allow you to point the authoritative name servers elsewhere).
Quote from: chaser
For the new (second) domain (mydomain.uk), would I then be charged registration @ £52.88 + hosting @ £30?

Our systems are not able to facilitate .uk registrations at present.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

chaser, take a look at Tsohost (http://my.tsohost.com/aff.php?aff=1435) - I've been with them for years, they are UK-based, and I can recommend both service and prices.