cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Hosting on non-business accounts

watweb

Domain Hosting on non-business accounts

Why is it that all non business accounts no longer allow Domain hosting - is it because the name space has gone bonkers with all the zillions of new gTLD's and someone was scared of being swamped?
I've had my account with F9 for donkeys, already have a domain hosted, and now they say " Sadly, the account that you are on doesn't offer domain hosting or transfers"
So much for my shiny new .UK domain Angry
--they'll be pinching my Static IP address next
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Domain Hosting on non-business accounts

It's a commercial decision to no longer offer hosting with residential accounts and is mainly due to the fact that you no longer get any webspace when you sign up. It has nothing to do with the increased number of gTLD's available.
We've always said that you get to retain most of your legacy account features following an upgrade though and I see no reason why this shouldn't apply to your hosting entitlement too. I've created the zone records for your two new domains, you'll just need to allow some time for DNS to catch up.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

watweb

Re: Domain Hosting on non-business accounts

Thanks very much Bob, I was just looking through the Ts&Cs for Business Accounts considering a move,  but retaining existing features after upgrade seems an eminently sensible solution - especially for long-standing customers Smiley