cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Hosting on my CGI Webspace

cliffeh

Domain Hosting on my CGI Webspace

Hi guys,
I hope somebody can help me with my query because it seems that all the help and questions I have loged with PlusNet I still havent managed to get a logical answer that I understand...
I recently purchased a domain (www.gunnertellya.co.uk) that I planned to host an Arsenal Based Wordpress Blog. Seeing as I dont have any hosting available that I pay for, I figured my plusnet free webspace would be adequate.
I activated my CGI Webspace through my control panel and uploaded my blog to the server. Tested it and all was working fine.
I then logged a request to point my newly purchased domain to my PlusNet webspace. Tested and working.
For some reason though, you have to point your web browser to gunnertellya.co.uk/blog before you can see my blog content. I really dont want the /blog extension on my url. I would like the blog page to be viewable directly by accessing the domain gunnertellya.co.uk.
How can this be done? Currently support are telling me I need to write a html redirect page and another long complicated list of tasks to achieve this.
Can anybody please point me in the right direction of how I can go about what I want to achieve.
Its sounds relatively simple but support I think are over complicating what I want to do.
Thanks for your help.
Cliff
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Domain Hosting on my CGI Webspace

First comment would be that if you don't want to have to do all this again in 6 months time you should look at PAYH where the domain options are more extensive:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69283.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Domain Hosting on my CGI Webspace

This seems to describe the steps that are required for what you're trying to do. There seems to be plenty of other useful Wordpressy stuff on that site too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵