cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DokuWiki on CCGI has just died

dcomputers

DokuWiki on CCGI has just died

My Dokuwiki installation hosted on ccgi has suddenly died without interference.  The following appears instead:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_c88f98f6162ad33dc9c8712c2d7a45af, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php on line 197
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php:197) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php on line 197
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php:197) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php on line 197
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php:197) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/auth.php on line 1062
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp/sess_c88f98f6162ad33dc9c8712c2d7a45af, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/doku.php on line 81
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/doku.php on line 81
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/init.php:197) in /share/storage/01/dc/dcomputers/wiki/inc/common.php on line 1543

I have no idea what file it refers to (something on the server I don't have access to, perhaps?)
If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: DokuWiki on CCGI has just died

The problem here is that /tmp, which (by default) is used for storage of session information, is full. A cron (scheduled task) should run periodically to clear expired files out making space for more. I'm not sure how often that runs.
If you wait the problem should eventually clear itself. The problem used to occur frequently at one time though instances seem less frequent of late. Nevertheless it could reoccur.
The alternative is to set up your own session save directory in your own webspace. A simple means to do this is described in Gabe's post here. When the script runs it lists directories where links to your own php.ini have been added - this is normal.
David
dcomputers

Thanks, that did the trick. I did have an inkling that this was the case.
Perhaps the powers that be could make per-user tmp files a default for this server? It would stop the issue for everyone in the future.
I've also been campaigning for business users to be provided the option of a Glassfish webserver..... so far I'm falling on deaf ears - PlusNet don't seem terribly interested in providing meaningful web hosting....
prichardson
Grafter

Hi dcomputers,
Interesting concept Glassfish.
I'll be brutally hard and point out I have not looked to hard, but I cannot see many public projects that use Glassfish, so cannot see the popularity factor in it, outside of bespoke markets (which tend not to use sharedhosting anyway).
Although Opensource, this does not make such a product free. With it comes the architecture, design and in-life management of the product. All of this comes at a premium and to be fair, this certainly would not come from existing resource within our Engineering & Ops department (derived from what we term our work-stack and the way we only populate that so far into the future).
Read that not as it would never happen if we considered it, more expect it to be infinitely pushed back for something of greater priority.
I guess the genuine question is, what is this worth to people? What sort of numbers of customers are we potentially looking at that would like this?