cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have CMS Made Simple working in PlusNet?

johntrimming

Does anyone have CMS Made Simple working in PlusNet?

I am trying to install CMS made simple in PlusNet webspace using CGI and MySQL.  The interface is working fine except  that I can't get the mail settings and CHMOD settings on the Uploads directory working. 
1.  Does anyone have CMS Made Simple working in PlusNet?
2.  Please let me know any clues for mail settings and/or permissions settings for the upload directory if you do!!
Should I abandon ship and go and look for a CMSMS hosting service?  Pity not to use existing webspace and the work I've done so far...
Any help greatly appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Does anyone have CMS Made Simple working in PlusNet?

Had no experience with it but will try installing it at some point today if I get the chance...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've had a quick go with it and it seems to work ok. I did have to put in a blacnk config.php file before it would finish the installation, but apart from that it seemed pretty smooth.
For the email settings, I put in the following:
Character Set: <left blank>
Mailer method: mail
SMTP host name: localhost
SMTP port: 25
From Address: <my email address>
From Username: CMS Administrator (you can put what you want though)
Sendmail location: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP timeout: 1000
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>

All seems to work fine.
The uploads directory has the permissions 0710 (-rwx--x---), and that works fine. Or at least it did once we fixed a problem with /tmp filling up.
johntrimming

Fantastic, thanks
johntrimming

Oh dear, just been to the sit to test and I can't log in - File too large (27), php headers sent
Google searches suggest I need to clear the cache, but I can't log in to CMSMS to do it as I am thrown out!
Any ideas?  It was oging so well    Undecided
johntrimming

Bob- you kindly helped me out with this one, any chance of help again please?
The error  "File too large (27), php headers sent " has returned and I can't login in to my admin console again.
1  Please could you clear the cache for me on my site as this error appears to be something to do with the cache being too large
2  Could you leave me instructions how to clear it myself without being able to logon (e.g. via FTP?) so I can do this in future myself without bothering the support team
Thanks
johntrimming

Couldn't get rid of file too large error - ended up disabling session to get everything to work without errors.
However now ImageManager has stopped working - I just get the login screen in the ImageManager page in CMSMS instead of the tool to edit the image.
Does anyone have any idea why the GD binary in memory in the server should have stopped working?  I tried changing the config file to use ImageMagick instead according to CMSMS documentation, but that didn't work either (maybe PlusNet doesn't have ImageMagick installed).
Obviously not too many people are using CMSMS on plusnet as I am not getting many responses.  Surprised, it's a great system..Maybe you should go into hosting CMSMS systems with tehnical support and charge a bit more to less techy amdis like me...