cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do plus net offer Synchronous (Unilimited Fibre connection)

Secret_trekkie

Do plus net offer Synchronous (Unilimited Fibre connection)

Hi,

I'm a new customer with Unlimited Fibre. The connection is a typical  asynchronous one my average speed is 26-28Mb down 1.5-1.9Mb up I work from home and have to upload big files and i was wondering if Plusnet offer a Synchronous connection?, where be i get the same upload download speed i know there is a bandwidth limitation and would sacrifice download for upload e.g ( 11MB up 11MB down)

Cheers,

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Do plus net offer Synchronous (Unilimited Fibre connection)

Short answer no!

They do 40/2 and 80/20 depending on your lines capabilities
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi and welcome to the community forums.

Unfortunately we don't offer a Synchronous package however there is the option to upgrade your package to Unlimited fibre extra and instead of the 40/2 your on at the moment it would go aim for 80/20. Although I can't imagine your download increasing your upload could be being capped by the package your on. If you drop me your user name in  private message I'll do a few checks on your line and see what the speeds are capable of?

Kind Regards,

Ben

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Did you tell the agent who signed you up about your upload needs? If you did you seem to have been sold a pup and might have a case to cancel your order without penalty.

By the way welcome to the forums
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,

So having checked the lines estimates:

Download:15 - 27.4
Upload: 3.7 - 5.6

It does look like the line can do slightly better than the speed your package is capping you with at the moment in terms of upload but only slightly although I can imagine if your uploading big files like you say this could shave a lot of the time of whilst doing so.

If your considering upgrading the package from unlimited fibre to unlimited fibre extra then by all means I'd give our customer options team a call to see what deals they have on and what the price change would accurately look like:
They are contactable on 0800 013 2632 and they are open on between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps,

Ben

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

since when has Unlimited Fibre Extra been available with a line estimate that low

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Oldjim I was wondering the same thing, there seem to be a lot of posts from newer staff members recently, I suspect that some may need more training.Smiley

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies, I've just been corrected and as you thought @Oldjim we only Offer Unlimited Fibre Extra to customers with 40Mbps+
I'll be double checking what I'm posting in future. Again, apologies.

@Secret_trekkie I'll be contacting you shortly about something I think that will benefit you Smiley

kind Regards,
Ben