cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting treatment of my late mother's account.

sirchinny
Dabbler

Disgusting treatment of my late mother's account.

My mother passed away on March 15, so I rang Plusnet to cancel her account. I was told that because I hadn't given 14 days notice, then we would be charged for a few days, and then refunded in April. Unbelievable. I am sorry, but death cannot be predicted in order to give notice. Then I rang in April to find out what was going on, and was told that was incorrect information, and we would be refunded in full within 7 days. Inbetween the amount went up from £40 to £50.98... Why? Nobody on the phone knew, but once again, an apology. I then rang at the end of April to find out what was going on, and was told that that info was incorrect, and a cheque would be sent withing 14 days. I was under the impression, that you made any refunds to the same payment method. Anyway, 14 days passed, and still no cheque. I rang today, and was the advisor had no clue what was going on, but arranged to refund the money via the same payment method within 3/5 working days. I am telling you now. If I do not get a satisfactory response as to what has gone on, this matter will be taken a whole lot further. I have never in my life had the misfortune to deal with such cold, and quite frankly inept customer service. Thankfully all the calls have been recorded. Kindest regards, J. Wilson
13 REPLIES 13
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Disgusting treatment of my late mother's account.

Hi @sirchinny 

I can't express how sorry I am for the situation which you have had to go through to close the account down, and please allow me to offer my more sincere condolences. 

In situations of bereavement, the account cancellation request can be done by any agent as long as the caller can pass data protection checks, if no, then a death certificate is required. Cancellation can take up to 3 working days, and any notification send to the account during time can be ignored. 

Can you please PM me the account reference as I need to see who has been in the account and been privy to this issue - I'll also double check everything regarding the refund. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @sirchinny 

The information you PM'd me brought up a male's account which had not been accessed in over a month. 

Are you sure this is the correct information/account? 

Thanks, 

MoR

sirchinny
Dabbler

I managed the account for her, and paid for it myself. She didn;t know how to do those things.
sirchinny
Dabbler

Shw was however, the sole registered occupant for that address.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@sirchinny - I'm still a little unsure that I am on the correct account as there has been nobody access it for nearly a month, and your initial post leads me to believe that there should have been at least 3 access footprints logged against it to check the information which you were looking for? 

I'm not trying to be obtuse or cause an issue here, I;m just extremely wary of processing anything on an account which seems totally out of character for the situation you are describing.

Would you possible be able to confirm the last 3 digits of the landline number associated with the account, along with the door number we would have in the address field so I can see if they match up? 

Thanks, 

MoR

sirchinny
Dabbler

last 3 digits are 110 door number 16
sirchinny
Dabbler

I also have the emails regarding interaction of the above account.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @sirchinny

Those details don't match up with the account which has populated using the details you provided in your PM. 

This seams somewhat strange, where did you get the details you sent via PM from, may I ask? 

Could you send me the full landline number over private message?

Thanks, 

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @sirchinny - that was very strange, but I've tried again and located the account via the number you've just sent. 

Everything which you were told by the last person you spoke to appears to have been correct and has been done. I'm going to internally pass feedback to the Line Managers of the people who dealt with this previously and ensure there are no knowledge gaps which need to be filled. 

Please again allow me to offer an apology on behalf of Plusnet, and I hope this experience ha snot tarnished your opinion of us.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

sirchinny
Dabbler

I'm afraid it hasn't. Both myself, and nearly all our family have accounts with you, which will be cancelled once the contracts end. I will also be putting in a formal complaint to the relevant authorities that deal with these matters, not excluding informing the media.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @sirchinny

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced in closing this account and understand the frustration regarding the final invoice.

When an account closes the final invoice is generated within 20 days of the cease date, the invoice will then show any amount owed or refunds due. The refunds themselves would usually be processed as a cheque as we do not store payment information once an account closes. I apologise for any misinformation that may have been provided regarding this and we will ensure that as my colleague has mentioned any feedback will be passed to the relevant Line Manager.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused throughout this situation.

sirchinny
Dabbler

Hi. This is a message for Sam, who telephoned me on May 19th. The refund cheque never arrived, owing to the fact that the redirection of mail I set up, may have just expired. She told me to get in touch if it didn't arrive.

For clarification, the number she rang me on ended in 474, and the house number of the account in question was 16.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @sirchinny,

Thanks for getting back to us and I am sorry it has not arrived. I have received your message via twitter and will continue to communicate with you there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team