cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial my number from the USA?

darkandsparklin

Dial my number from the USA?

Hi, I have a form to complete from the USA, which is asking for my phone number..I have put it in in several different combinations but it just will not accept it.....I wondered if anyone here knew how to do it?  I have emailed the company that have sent me the form, but they are not replying....

I live in the Blackpool vicinity (01253), and i think it should be: 011 then 44 then 1253 then My Number, but the form doesn't accept this.....

Any ideas anyone?......All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Dial my number from the USA?

To dial to the UK internationally you would want to dial 0044 then your normal number without the starting 0 Smiley 

some online systems prefer the format +44 rather than the 00 so you would put +441253****** where * is  the rest of your Uk number

darkandsparklin

Thanks, I tried that one first .....no luck I'm afraid :-(.  I am beginning to think there is actually something wrong with the form itself, and it's looking for a USA format number i.e.: 555-555-5555

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

It would seem that way if it doesn't accept the universal international dialing codes, you're already on the right track if you've notified them of it though Smiley 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

I am beginning to think there is actually something wrong with the form itself, and it's looking for a USA format number

Very likely, does anything outside the US really exist to some US organisations ?Roll_eyes

I once had a letter sent from the US ( by a local authority ) with my UK postcode on it and addressed to the UK. The US postal service tried to interpret the postcode as a US Zip code and it bounced around the US and eventually arrived back where it started. To which someone wrote on the envelope 'NOT IN USA' and reposted it. This time it arrived...Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Will it allow you to leave the phone number field empty? You could then add Phone No +44 1253 xxxxxx with explanation as part of your message.

If an empty field is not accepted try entering the company's phone number.

David
darkandsparklin

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I've just copied and pasted the whole form into an email and typed in my contact number at the appropriate place and sent it off to them!  It seemed to be the only way round it, so, I'm treating it as 'solved'....

Thank-you!

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

They do tend to think the whole world is like the US, just not as good.  I've even had some of them expressing surprise that we don't celebrate Independence Day on 4th July.  I had to explain that in our case it would have to be called Good Riddance Day, which puzzled rather than offended them.  Perhaps in future years we'll celebrate our own independence day on 23rd June.