cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Free CGI webspace

weblearner

Decent Free CGI webspace

I need to make a new website to include CGI/PHP. I have this on my Force 9 (paid for) account, but would prefer to use separate hosting.
I am getting nowhere with DasFree which allegedly offers this, but registering is not complete after 3 days.
Can anyone recommend a good (free) CGI enabled host?
4 REPLIES 4
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Decent Free CGI webspace

Can't recommend a "good" one, due to the nature of free they tend to be average.  Could give these people a try though, get a free domain from www.co.cc to point to it and you're set.
jim:green link fixed mod:end
weblearner

thanks for that. As you say, there is not much in the way of 'decent' for free! Smiley
appleshaw
Grafter

I am trying 5gb.com. Name says a lot but has PHP & 2 MySQL databases allowed. Some file types banned and nominal 1Mb file size. Too early to comment. Does have a forum for support, indicating site started early December
Ellis
Grafter

You don't get a lot for nothing. I prefer to use a very moderately priced Danish host (one.com) 3GB webspace (free for the first year) £20/year including domain name registered to you. I used to use 1&1 but they got to be too expensive for me for my own website alone. I used to have 3 domains on there originally. I closed two and handed over the club website to a colleague (employed as a programmer by one of the big names in commercial computing) he negotiated a better deal for the club. I moved my website over to the new host under a slightly different domain name. My email is through this domain and the total usage is only 7.4% of my 3GB allowance.