Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dare I recommend plusnet?

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Dare I recommend plusnet?

Hi, 

My friend has been with bt for 6 years and this month on top of his £46 bill he got another bill for £36 for exceeding his download limit! His bill appears to be for 15 mbps. Obviously he would save a lot of money on plusnet, he also has unlimited anytime calls. Dare I recommend plusnet to him in view of the current billing problems, any sign of them being fixed in the near future? Could somebody let me know how much it would actually cost as when I try to look it up my tablet switches to my account,

Chris 

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Dare I recommend plusnet?

Hi Chris, sorry for the poor impression we've made upon you and you're hesitant to recommend us now. We're working hard on resolving the issues and while we're not where we want to be, things are getting better. 

Unless I've misunderstood your last question, our current offering for Unlimited broadband is £19.99 per month for broadband and line rental though there may be extra costs like call charges, a call plan, activation/installation fees but we'd advise of all this during the signup journey either over the phone or online from here.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi, 

Thanks for your prompt reply, although I am still not getting a bill in all other respects I am totally satisfied with plusnet, everything is working well and support has been good. I will speak to him about this when we have more time to sort out his best option,

Regards, 

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Chris.

Fingers crossed his transfer goes smoothly if he decides to go ahead.

Let us know if he does need any assistance at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

We will ask for you personally 😁😁😁

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

*runs away*

I kid, always happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

I put my friends phone number into your system to get an idea of costs, later in the day he got a phone call from EE offering him a deal which I believe he has accepted, they could only have got his details from your website, sounds dodgy to me. I went onto your site using Google on my phone 🤔🤔

Chris 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Chrisvesey,

That sounds strange. Our broadband checker has a paragraph underneath asking the customer to tick the box if they wish to be contracted by ourselves if they don't take up the product to discuss this further either over the phone or via letter. We don't pass on these details onto any 3rd parties.

Thank you.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I have a very close relative to whom I recommended Plusnet. This was a transfer from cable so needed a home visit. On two separate occasions my relative gave up a day's holiday to be in on the promised appointment day to have a no show. She then gave up, cancelled the order and went to BT Retail. The service was promptly installed on the promised day.

Was this a bit of bad luck or do BTw/Openrach give priority to BT Retail customers? We shall never really know what to believe despite 'assurances' that this does not happen.

All that I do know is that I dare not speak the word "Plusnet" in her company. This would make me very reluctant to recommend Plusnet again to any-one due to the embarrassment this has and still causes me.

On the positive side, Plusnet did refund the upfront payment without argument or undue delay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'