cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS updates broken :(

jusme

DNS updates broken :(

Hi,
I've got four domains hosted by plusnet, and have been updating the MX records (because of the removal of the 'mx.last' email platform). Two domains have updated fine, but two are stuck. The new settings show in the plusnet control panel, but aren't shown on the public servers (ns1.force9.net etc.). Making further changes and resubmitting doesn't help. These changes were made last Saturday and still aren't showing.
I opened a support ticket on Monday, chased it on Tuesday and again today (Thursday), but the guys on the helpdesk don't seem to know what to do about it.
Is anyone from the DNS team here? Anyone know what magic words to say to get the message to the right team?
Ticket  is  #46735025 if that helps.
Ta,
Ian.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: DNS updates broken :(

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about this issue, this can often be a problem with the zone file, I've disabled and re-enabled both domains which should rebuild that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jusme

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi there,
Sorry to hear about this issue, this can often be a problem with the zone file, I've disabled and re-enabled both domains which should rebuild that.

Cheers, I'll check that they're updated tomorrow.
Ian.
jusme

Great, now the domains have been dropped completely from the nameservers and the control panel, so I can't even see them.
Please fix this ASAP!
jusme

I have now moved the NS records for these domains away from Plusnet, so this is no longer an issue.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really not sure why that's happened, I've repeated the same action which should hopefully rectify that within the next couple of hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team