Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS setting for CCGI server

FIXED
Kasumi
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

DNS setting for CCGI server

Hello, just wondered if there's anyone who can help me.

My ccgi server suddently stopped showing my wordpress website - it says "ccgi.peony.plus.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

Everything was fine last weekend and I have not touched anything since.

I have a domain name registered with Plusnet and the domain points to this ccgi server (handleyconsulting.co.uk), so I tried removing the CNAME and A setting and registering the same details again. It worked partially, as I typed the domain name in the browser it started showing the website. But still no joy when I tried with the ccgi.peony.plus.com .

I think the DNS setting for ccgi.peony.plus.com has been somehow compromised, as I can reach the server from FTP but the browser is not showing even a simple jpg file when I use "ccgi.peony.plus.com".

When I tried nslookup, I get a message "Unknown can't find ccgi.peony.plus.com: Non-existent domain"

I probably won't renew the domain name when it expires so I would like to keep using "ccgi.peony.plus.com"...

When I tried the chat advisor, he didn't even know what I was talking about and my previous experiences suggests that I will have to chase the people in the "right pool" for weeks if I tried to call...

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you,

Kasumi

9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: DNS setting for CCGI server

Fairly certain I know the cause. Drop me a private message and I'll take a look next week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Kasumi
Dabbler

Thank you, just PMed you.

Kasumi

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks. Allow 24 hours and then give things another bash. Let me know if you're still having difficulties then.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It looks like the site is available again - though reporting maintenance mode is on. Smiley

David
Kasumi
Dabbler

Thank you, it's up and running again now!

Kasumi

SorNet117
Dabbler

Hello, just wondered if there's anyone who can help me.

My ccgi server suddently stopped showing php files on my website - it says "ccgi.nyorulmaz.plus.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

Everything was fine a week ago and I have not touched anything since, except for changing my plusnet user password.

I have also uploaded a simple 'hello word' php file to see if the culprit was my code, but con not even open that.

I have a domain names registered with Plusnet and the domains point to this ccgi server (one of them is, 11pluslearning.co.uk)

I think the DNS setting for ccgi.nyorulmaz.plus.com has been somehow compromised, as I can reach the server from FTP but the browser is not showing even a simple php file when I use "ccgi.nyorulmaz.plus.com".

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ping @bobpullen

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@SorNet117, the DNS entries for your CGI space have been removed. I suspect this is an unintentional side-effect of your recent password change.

I've rebuilt the entries and you should find that things are back to normal tomorrow. Let me know if not.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

SorNet117
Dabbler

Dear bobpullen,

That's really great. All seems to be OK now.

Thank you very much for this.

Kind regards

Eric (SorNet117)