I have installed ISPConfig3 for various reasons on one Server and I wanted to have Zimbra on another server on my network. I wanted to have the Email addresses of some subdomains point to Zimbra, whilst having the website running on the subdomain still point to ISPConfig3. Both my Servers share a static IP with Plusnet that I have leased.
I am hoping to use Zimba for it's organiser features that I will find very useful.
let's say that fruit.com is the website and apple.fruit.com is the subdomain whereas our email addresses currently (on a separate website) are email@example.com.
The questions are:
1) How do I have http://apple.fruit.com
take me to a space on ISPConfig3 dedicated to that website (separate from the content of fruit.com itself) whilst all emails to people on the apple.fruit.com subdomain are forwarded to Zimbra?
2) What should the DNS look like for this?
3) Does anybody know whether setting a website subdomain up in ISPConfig3 is the same as setting up an Email subdomain as I can't see anything on the manual and I can't see anything within the UI of ISPConfig3 to point me in the right direction?
4) How do I send the mail through from ISPConfig3 or does it automatically hit Zimbra first time if things are set up right?
5) How do I configure Zimbra for this?
6) How do I change ports that things operate on in ISPConfig3 and Zimbra respectively and what port is Zimbra webmail on as I cannot see this anywhere - I suspect I have an issue where I can't forward the same port to two servers at the same time so one of them is going to need to changed, how, however, is the queston!
I have tried both of the forums but it has been exceptionally quiet over several days so i'm turning to you - I appreciate this might be one of those where, hopefully, somebody will respond but with so much towards the answer and maybe somebody else would be kind enough to compliment it with what they know to.
Thanks every so much,