cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Limitations

jossy

DNS Limitations

I'm trying to use Office365 and I need a number of DNS settings that the portal does not support.   This includes:

• CNAME records with an underscore (_) in the right field.  This is required to enable DKIM and should be supported.
  • TXT records - no option to create these and needed for SPF
  • SRV records - no option to create these and needed for Lync functionality

Will the support team (if it's actually possible to get a message to them that is!) be able to create these?

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: DNS Limitations

As far as I'm aware the Plusnet DNS does not support TXT or SRV records so the support team wouldn't be able to create them.

David
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Move your domain to freedns which supports everything - http://freedns.afraid.org

The only snag is that unless you become a paid subscriber,your domain then becomes shared so that anyone can grab themselves a subdomain from it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As an alternative to freedns, have a look at CloudFlare. They primarily do CDN stuff but as part of that will host DNS for free. If you want a paid for option then can recommend DNSMadeEasy ($30 per year) or Azure/Amazon's DNS service ($15ish per year).

No affiliation with any of those companies apart from being satisfied customer (and we have Office365 configurations set up on all 3)

As a side note, you only need those SRV records for Lync functionality if you plan to enable federation (communication with Lync users on other domains)