Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer CGI/MySQL outage - Tuesday 22nd November

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Customer CGI/MySQL outage - Tuesday 22nd November

Hi all,
As per the title the customer CGI and MySQL platforms will be down for approximately 2 hours between 9am and 5pm next Tuesday. You can see the service status post at http://status.plus.net but I'll copy it here:
Planned Systems Maintenance - Tuesday 22nd November 9.00 - 17.00
When's this work happening?
Between 9am and 5pm on Tuesday 22nd November.
What does it affect?
Our CGI and MySQL hosting platform, and also the speed testers hosted at mybroadbandspeed.co.uk and mybroadbandspeed.com
How long will it take?
About eight hours.
What does the work involve?
We're consolidating our suites in one of our data centres and need to physically move the servers that host the above mentioned services.
Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes. All customer sites hosted on the CGI platform and MySQL platform will be unavailable for approximately two hours during the maintenance window. Our speed test will also be unavailable for a short time during the work.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this maintenance.
Is there anything else I need to know?
No.
Kind regards,
Matt Taylor
Customer Support
76 REPLIES 76
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Customer CGI/MySQL outage - Tuesday 22nd November

Quote from: Matt
CGI and MySQL platforms will be down for approximately 2 hours between 9am and 5pm next Tuesday.

Such sunny optimism.  Wink
Thanks to those who put in the late hours to get the service back up.
With any luck, FTP will be less 530 shortly.
Gabe
TexSolutions

Since yesterday's cgi maintenance I cannot get FTP access to any of my 21 sites (on humbug or rumpus).  I get "An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. Your logon or password is incorrect. Please check your connection information."
I am using Dreamweaver to connect.
Is everyone having the same problem, or do I need to raise a Support Ticket?
andydg
Grafter

Having same problem - assume they are aware, but ticket might help give a nudge.
Bit frustrating that it seems to be considered a minor thing taking the whole ccgi platform down for the best part of a day (some of us do actually make use of the space for our websites).
Don't understand why CGI service status was happily green throughout (and still is) - had to dig into older service announcements (and this forum) to even find out why it was down yesterday.
Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, Plusnet are aware.
The latest service status post is:
[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1322049286.htm]Customer CGI and MySQL services (69237) - UPDATE
Services
Posted on: Wednesday 23 November 2011, 11:54

This is an update to previous posts regarding the CGI and MySQL platforms.
Work is still underway to restore access to the MySQL service at the moment.
We are aware that some customers are also experiencing issues accessing the CGI platform via FTP at the moment. This particular problem is now under investigaton and we will provide further updates as soon as we can.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.
Kind Regards,
Adam Walker
Customer Support
The 'service status' announcements have been posted under 'services' and not duplicated under 'cgi services', which is why the latter service status (incorrectly) shows as 'green'. The original engineering work had a wider scope than CGI.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's under services due to the original work having a wider scope than just the CGI platform, we continued this from the planned maintenance through as to turn CGI to 'amber' would mean duplicating the posts into more than 1 category.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

The FTP issues should be sorted shortly, the issue was an access list (ACL) that hadn't been applied to the new network.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

It should now be fixed, if you're still having problems can you let me know by replying to this thread.
Thanks.
Gabe
Grafter

Still 530.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

Hmm thanks, is that trying to FTP from the IP address on the account associated with your Community username?
Gabe
Grafter

Yup.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

They've checked and your IP was on the original ACL so there should be no reason you can't connect. I'm getting a problem opened internally anyway and will keep chasing this.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

FTP still giving me the 530 error. Force9 server with my normal username and fixed IP.
David
David
Gabe
Grafter

Thanks David. I was starting to wonder.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

We've got it replicated here, something is amiss so I've started a separate service status thread (the original was in the wrong section and related to the actual server move).
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1322067888.htm