cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create email page on website

sunnyfrinton

Create email page on website

Hi
I have created an email page on my website using the 'Contact Form' page from a Rapidweaver theme. But when I select this menu option from my finished website it does not display the page but just downloads the page as 'index.php' without the chance to enter any information.
I am running Apple OS X 10.8.2 using Safari as the browser, all suggestions gratefully received.
7 REPLIES 7
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Create email page on website

As a rough guess,  you've uploaded the php file to your normal web space,  not the CGI platform.
First, you need to have your CGI space activated - check the status of your CGI space.
And checkout the PHP guide;
[quote=http://community.plus.net/library/website-design/a-beginners-guide-to-php/#withcgi]
How to use PHP with your CGI space

Key points

• Files containing PHP must be stored in the your CGI space, not your regular webspace. They should not be put in the cgi-bin though.
  • Upload all files containing PHP to your CGI webspace
  • Upload PHP files in ASCII format.
  • Set file permission to 755 for PHP files.

• sunnyfrinton

Thanks for reply, have activated my CGI space, no change when I try my Contact Page, suspect this is not as straight forward as just adding a page.
    Have read the PHP guide, still no wiser, not sure how to find or access my CGI webspace, got an Error 403. Is there a beginners guide?
    spraxyt
    Resting Legend
    Fixes: 75

Hopefully Section 2 of the Webspace Connection Details guide will provide the information you need.
    David
    jelv
    Seasoned Hero
    Fixes: 10

Note that to view your website the URL will be ccgi.username.plus.com
    jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    sunnyfrinton

Plusnet informed me that the standard webspace does not support PHP and I would have to use CGI webspace. So I activated my CGI webspace and have now become very confused. Normally use ftp.plus.net to upload to Plusnet but found I now have to use cshell.plus.net and if I want to view my website I have to enter the URL of ccgi.username.co.uk into my browser which results in a message “Access Forbidden” Error 403. So, why am I getting the Error 403, am I uploading to the right place, and how do I translate ccgi into a www URL. I am a novice at this so these questions may seem basic but I have scoured Plusnet help pages and other forums but cannot find the answers I need, all help and instructions gratefully received.
    spraxyt
    Resting Legend
    Fixes: 75

The access forbidden message usually means you haven't uploaded an index.htm or index.php file to the root of your ccgi webspace (which is / ).
    Are you using your own domain for accessing ccgi? The standard ccgi webspace is at ccgi.username.plus.com. You would have to ask Plusnet to point www.username.plus.com to ccgi.
    David
    sunnyfrinton

I was using htdocs as the root of my cgi webspace not / now it all works, so easy when you know, many thanks for your help.