cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Databases - No Priveleges

kol32

Create New Databases - No Priveleges

I have created a new mySQL database around 2hrs ago and whilst i was able to immediately access it, I have not been able to create a new database as it is stating 'Create New Databases - No Priveleges'
Is this just a timing issue or is their something else that needs to be done to enable these priveleges?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Create New Databases - No Priveleges

Are you talking about PAYH or the mySQL servers associated with your broadband account (used with CCGI servers)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Create New Databases - No Priveleges

Quote from: kol32
I have created a new mySQL database around 2hrs ago and whilst i was able to immediately access it, I have not been able to create a new database as it is stating 'Create New Databases - No Priveleges'
Is this just a timing issue or is their something else that needs to be done to enable these priveleges?

... no, I don't think so.
As far as I understand it you can add "tables" to "your" database, but the whole thing (that you access with the provided username and password) is viewed as "your database" (on what I think is the mysql server).
So you log in and "add tables".  Even if these are technically "different databases" (in normal-speak) they are (as I understand it) simply called "different tables" once you're logged in.
Hope that helps Smiley  lol  possibly not, but that's how I experience it using phpmyadmin. Which I have to say seems a whole lot more user-friendly these days.
Have used the PAYH version but found that a whole lot more difficult to find my way around in, and don't recall now whether it called them databases or tables.

Best regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.