cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could the Safeguard timer include days of the week?

drumilly

Could the Safeguard timer include days of the week?

As the subject title says I wish for an option to let my kids have more internet time at the weekend and was wondering if Plusnet could implement this feature.

Thanks,

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Could the Safeguard timer include days of the week?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've passed your feedback onto our products team for consideration during future builds of PN Safeguard.

Best Wishes,

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@drumilly,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Which router are you using?  You might find that the parental controls therein might do exactly what you are asking for.  These can be applied per device.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drumilly

HI Townman,

I am using an old Technicolor TG582N. This is my backup router. It has a website filter which isn't any easier than manually changing settings with Safeguard. Storm Eleanor zapped my belkin modem which was linked to a DDWRT flashed Dlink router.   I reset the Dlink router while figuring out what was wrong and can't for the life of me reconfigure it - too many options lol. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Which firmware version has the TG582n got? 10.2.2.b allows access control by device, by day, by hour. If it’s an earlier version and is a Plusnet supplied router, Plusnet can update it remotely by request.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drumilly

My router stats say " software release 8.4.4.i " which I presume is the firmware version.

Thanks, will look into it.

Michael

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is an old topic but might help you - https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/TG582n-Firmware/m-p/1015497#M225815 - note the comment about the router needing to be registered on your account.  You might need to contact support to check that - you'll need the serial number of the router.