cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Could not connect to database'

ffupi
Grafter

Re: 'Could not connect to database'

The connection-problem to MySQL is still present, however I am using *humbug* (not rumpus as I wrote above).
This problem is there for the last 10 days or so, that the page wont open the first time. Only by reloading the page, it would display. The cms I use is known to do a lot of database-queries, so this might aggravate the problem.
The problem seems to be that the connection to the databases cannot be established in the normal way it did before.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

I've now added it to Pugit as it appears more people are reporting connectivity problems and raised it internally within PUG to get something moving.
http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=365
flabbio
Grafter

I'm getting timeouts when connecting to mysql database for my php-fusion forum.  My db is on the humbug server.  I sometimes get a 'could not connect to database' error and usually if I hit refresh it comes up the second or third time.
I think I'll raise a ticket with support but I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem with the humbug server?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

See the first post on this page.
flabbio
Grafter

Well spotted there Peter. I've just come home from a 450 mile drive so I have an excuse
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We believe this problem was caused by the maximum number of connections on the SQL servers being reached, this has now been increased so the connection problems should be sorted. If you are still seeing these issues today please let me know by either replying to this thread or dropping me a PM.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flabbio
Grafter

It's still happening Chris.  I might be paranoid but it seems to be worse  Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm going to pass the problem back up to networks, it would be helpful to know if it's now affecting the same people as before or just flabbio
I've just had a look and Mand has already bumped this up to networks. They are asking for the exact error messages as there could be 2 different things happening.
So if anyone can let me know the exact message I would be grateful.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flabbio
Grafter

The message I get is;
Unable to establish connection to MySQL
2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Dont know if this is generated by my php-fusion site or if it's directly from your server.
Hitting refresh 2 or 3 times still works though
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

That appears to be trying to connect to a local MySQL database on the ccgi server (which does not exist). What have you specified as the host for the MySQL connection?
Unless it tries al local connection if the main host cannot be contacted  Huh
ffupi
Grafter

Problem here resolved. No database connection problems anymore. Thank you.
flabbio
Grafter

9 out of 10 times it works fine so I must have the correct details for the connection.  If I log on to the MySQL server with the PN MySQL admin tool I can see the db and all the tables.
Possibly php-fusion tries to connect to a local db if it cant find the  one specified but I need to check that with those guys. 
mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm not surprised it works at 1am if it's a too many connections issue. But it's faulty again this morning. Either it needs some more umph adding, a 3rd server or a restriction on adding any more users to it for the time being.
giraffeandtiger
Grafter

Hi,
I started this thread - but forgot to watch it!  Thought I was being ignored but little did I know Smiley
I am on rumpus using a phpBB2 forum - I have just carried out a little test.
I have been clicking on links in the forum that I know are causing data base accesses to occur.  I did this for 100 data base access requests.
Only 1 in the 100 accesses (access number 19) gave me the following error, so I can report that things are much improved but not perfect - I don't know what Plusnet standards are, but I'm much happier now that my users are getting it easier (but flawless operation would be nice  ;)).
Interestingly I did this test at 16:20 - near a peak time?  But previously the problem seemed to be unaffected by the hour of the day - seemed to be just as bad at 3am in the morning as 5pm a few days ago.
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database
giraffeandtiger
Grafter

Just been spending a bit of time on my forum and another two of those error messages cropped up.
A bit later I did another test of 100 accesses.  This time access number 1 failed and the rest (99 of them) passed.
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database

I am using rumpus with a phpBB2 forum