Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt header JPGs?

MartinDBaker
Dabbler

Corrupt header JPGs?

Hi,
Can I still get FTP access to my old site? If so, can you remind me of all the details please?
Reason I'm asking is that I did a Theme upgrade to Atahualpa & of course it's replaced the Header folder - wiping my header JPGs. I'm used to that & have backups. So I FTPed my backup files to the Header folder (which historically worked fine) & they now show as empty spaces for some reason. Any ideas why the JPGs won't show?
I was hoping to attempt to grab the files again from my old site & upload them.
Regards
Martin
www.everythingd7000.co.uk
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Corrupt header JPGs?

Is it images on the home page that don't show? It looks complete to me.
David
David
MartinDBaker
Dabbler

Hi David,
It's complete yes - since I only have the default Atahualpa images in the Header folder now. I've deleted my header images from the folder - since they just show as blank.
I can put them back up if you like to demo what's happening...?
BTW: All my ZIP files corrupted on the transfer, but I've fixed that. Also, the htaccess file didn't get migrated over, but uploaded & fixed.
Thanks
Martin
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The /ata-images/logo.png image appears to be missing, not sure where that's meant to appear. However if you upload one of your own JPEGs to the /themes/atahualpa/images/header/ folder can you browse to it?
David
David
MartinDBaker
Dabbler

Hi,
I've managed to fix the Logo problem. By trial & error I now know that Atahualpa doesn't work as it's supposed to. I have the "Relative location of images" set to "Atahualpa" i.e. the default. It should therefore find logo.png in the \images folder. It doesn't for some reason, it's looking in \ata-images. So I created the \ata-images\ folder, copied logo.png to it & it's sorted.
Header images are being pulled from /themes/Atahualpa/images/header. I've put just 1 of my images in there. It still shows as blank. This showed fine on the old site when I uploaded them.
Can you have a look?
I can't connect to ccgi.plus.net. Is it down?  I was going to grab the header images from it...
Regards
Martin
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: MartinDBaker
I can't connect to ccgi.plus.net. Is it down?  I was going to grab the header images from it...

It's not down Martin, but you'll need to be connecting from a Plusnet IP.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend

logo.png (the green petals) comes from /themes/atahualpa/images/logo.png now (and works as the attachment shows).
Is the image you've uploaded the "raspberries" one that's replaced the previous header? The page looks OK to me. The attachment shows a capture of the top section.
David
David
MartinDBaker
Dabbler

Hi,
Ahhh.... stoopid me  :-[, I was trying to FTP from a non PN IP; works fine from home.
Ref Headers; I've uploaded the original JPGs & now they work fine. Raspberries are part of Atahualpa - it was a different JPG, but no worries.
Ref logo.png; I upgraded Atahualpa, so that logo.png should have been replaced surely? Anyway it didn't work, until I created the ata-images\logo.png after which it sprung into life. Smiley So - lost on me - but it works now.  Smiley
So I'm sorted now.
Thanks
Martin