cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying & pasting links to external sites with Kompozer for Mac

forsterbalcke
Grafter

Copying & pasting links to external sites with Kompozer for Mac

I know  it's dead easy but - PLEASE! - do tell me how to do it!
For more than a year now I have been laboriously keying in links to external sites 'cos I can't find a way of copying and pasting the URL from my web browser into the link window on Kompozer.
I now need to copy & paste a static Google map onto a web page & that appears to need inputting a three line web address ... that's way too much!
SO PLEASE DO TELL ME HOW TO COPY & PASTE.
Bill (aka Venomous)
See: http://www.holywellhousepublishing.co.uk/index.html
5 REPLIES 5
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Copying & pasting links to external sites with Kompozer for Mac

Can you copy & paste other bits of text?  Can you copy the URL from the web browser and paste it into an email or word processor document?
forsterbalcke
Grafter

I wish it was so easy ...
The really maddening thing is a month or two ago I found a web page which told me how, used it once, worked perfectly and now can't remember how..
And I failed to book mark the p;age!
Pretty stupid, I know, but surely one of you guys can help me out?
Bill
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Though I don't own a MAC so haven't been able to try this personally I was told the copy and paste process on a MAC is very similar to that for Windows but using the Command (or Apple) key instead of Ctrl.
That is highlight the text to be copied by dragging the mouse pointer over it while pressing the left mouse button.
Then point at the highlighted text and hold down the Command (Apple) key and press C (to copy it to the clipboard)
Then move to the target location and click at the insertion point, hold down Command again and press V (to paste it at the new location).
To copy a long URL from the address box I think one can also click on the address then hold Command and press A to select all the text then hold Command and press C to copy it.
Hope this is right.
David
forsterbalcke
Grafter

FANTASTIC!
Your middle para did the trick!
Despite having a MacBook - no Mouse - this worked for me:
1. Highlight the text to be copied by dragging the mouse pointer over it while pressing the left mouse button.
2. Then point at the highlighted text and hold down the Command (Apple) key and press C (to copy it to the clipboard)
3. Then move to the target location and click at the insertion point, hold down Command again and press V (to paste it at the new location).
But I tried your final para first - and that did not work.
I have  created a KOMPOZER NOTES page with this tip item one on it.
And now I need to return to Google's instructions on the procedure to follow to add a Google map to a web page using nothing but html code.
Many thanks fort your help.
I hope this will b e helpful to others as well.
Bill
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks, pleased to hear that worked. Smiley
David
David