cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal - Fixed Price or not???

LuLuDP
Hooked

Contract renewal - Fixed Price or not???

Plusnet has sent me a renewal of contract offer - fixed for 18 months. If it's a contract, then it's fixed price - right? Then, why have they added the following in the terms:

You understand that the price for broadband, line rental, call plans, call charges and add-ons will be increased on or after 1st March every year from March 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%.
Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. We'll tell you about important changes in advance and if a change is detrimental you'll be able to end your contract without any fees.

During the last contract, I noticed that they increased the price of one of my add ons, but I let it go. What's the point of a fixed term contract if they can change the price, but charge you a fee if you decide to go elsewhere during the contract (a one way contract)?

1 REPLY 1
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Contract renewal - Fixed Price or not???

@LuLuDP  It's a fixed term contract, that does not mean it is fixed price. As you have shown there is an annual price increase in March each year. End of story.