cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Domain Name costs

kmw350
Rising Star

Confused about Domain Name costs

Last November (2013) I moved my domain name out of PlusNet and over to JustTheName, because of the high cost charged by PlusNet.
I paid, and the new renewal date then became November 2015.
I appreciate it is no longer PlusNet's issue, but if anyone else has also done this perhaps they could assist by confirming - do I still have to pay Nominet AS WELL AS JustTheName?
The reason I ask is that I have now received an email from Nominet asking for renewal payment, or they will suspend the domain name in the next 7 days.
Surely I am not supposed to pay BOTH companies?
I will just not pay anymore. PlusNet wanted too much, Just thename was supposed to be cheaper but is NOT cheaper if I still have to pay Nominet as well.
Any insight appreciated
Keith

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Confused about Domain Name costs

I have a domain registered with JTN and just pay them....they pay Nominet.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kmw350
Rising Star

Thank you strat, it would appear then that something went astray between JTN and nominet. I will contact JTN in the morning,
thanks for the quick response,
Keith
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

What does it say regarding renewal status if you enter your domain name at http://www.whois-search.com/?
David
Strat
Community Veteran

It wasn't the smoothest of transitions for me either which surprised me considering they were/are in the same building as Plusnet.
Hope you get sorted.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kmw350
Rising Star

Quote from: spraxyt
What does it say regarding renewal status if you enter your domain name at http://www.whois-search.com/?

Ah, it says renewal is required, which is at odds with the JTN site, which says renewal is Nov 2015.
So I am thinking they have not paid Nominet.
Thanks, I will contact them today.
kmw350
Rising Star

It turns out I had paid to transfer, but misunderstood that this did not also include the registration renewal at the time, so I needed to request & pay for renewal through JTN.
I'm surprised I didn't get a reminder from JTN but I finally understand the process, so all should be ok now,.
Strat
Community Veteran

Just had a look through my bank transactions and can see two, one for transfer and one for domain renewal as you say.
It was last year and much water under the old bridge Embarrassed
Glad you got sorted Smiley