cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Web Hosting Packages

RobDickson
Grafter

Comparing Web Hosting Packages

Our company's website is hosted with NewNet because, when I first decided on the host, I found a table listing web hosting companies by speed and reliability, and NewNet was the most reliable, and second fastest.
I'd like to check whether NewNet is still the best, but can't find any similar tables. Does anybody know where I can look?
12 REPLIES 12
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Comparing Web Hosting Packages

If you don't mind being hosted in America, I'd go for Doreo hosting. I've been with them for years with multiple websites and they are the most reliable I've ever been with. The pricing is pretty good too, and very very little downtime.
If you would like, I'll dig out some figures for you.
RobDickson
Grafter

The information on its website about server status looks useful. However, I think I would rather host my site in the UK.
Thanks for the offer of getting some statistics for me.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I use http://www.1and1.co.uk
They offer lots of features for Business and Home users.
Jeff
amcclean
Rising Star

I'm now exclusively with strato-hosting.co.uk the support is not 24/7 but is international free phone and the staff know exactly what they are talking about. There is one automated selection then a few rings and you are through to a knowledgable person.
You just missed a years hosting for a pound but for P&P you can get a copy of adobe cs2 and photoshop elemnets 5 plus namo webeditor and namo webcanvas as well. 4 excellent packages plus others for £6.90 p&p a better offer than 1and1s netobjects.
I've also used 1and1, fasthosts and heart internet. All excellent and not a problem with any.

*****************Stop Press**********
hosting for a pound is now extened to 31/10. all packages are £1 for a year if ordered before 31st oct. After the 1st year they go back thier normal yearly prices. £1 a year for any of the packages is fantastic.
A

RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the various companies mentioned when our current hosting package expires. I might well sign up for the £1 offer for my personal site this month.
paulby
Grafter

Sorry for the "lateish" reply.
I use 1and1 and, as others have mentioned, they have provided an excellent service.  I've not had any downtime in the three years that I've used them and their tools etc. are excellent.  Their e-mail platform also performs well and has good spam filtering and AV options.
jabns2
Grafter

Hi there,
I use 123-reg the and there DNS managment is very good and also there records seem to propagate faster than some providers because they send the request instantly.
There are a few worries i have had thoe:
~if you do a DNS lookup on them both NS records point to the same IP  Huh
~they don't comply with some other rules either
I host my sites(6 Domains) myself and the lookup times are very fast.
I actually left 1and1 because there DNS managment was not up to scratch and took ages to propagate.
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE A TRACERT - Just in case your modem caches DNS querys.
Here is one of my sites: frufc.com
If you do a tracert on it you will get the response times of the nameservers.
Hope that may help you make your mind up,
James Barlow
RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks for the advice.
If I remember rightly, 123-reg is owned by Pipex. From past experience, I wouldn't touch Pipex with a barge pole.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
jabns2
Grafter

LOL
I don't blame you really.
I want to manage it myself soon with my DNS server but i need to read up how to do it 100% right otherwise i will have phones ringing in my ears until it was working LOL.
amcclean
Rising Star

Consider no pipex is owned by tiscalli. I had my 1st dsl with pipex and it was great. heard a lot of things about tiscalli and pipex of late and sadly none were great.
A series of pipex mess ups left one member of my family without bb for a month. All they had to do was copy the address and phone nu. correctly.
I'd never go back.
Signed up to the strato 1 and 1 packages. Fantastic freephone support.
mcclim
Grafter

I use www.Orchardhosting.co.uk to host my web sites, they appear to be be reliable.
RobDickson
Grafter

mcclim: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
amcclean: Tiscalli is another one I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, along with BT Openworld.