cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee Cup Form Builder

alijazz

Coffee Cup Form Builder

Hi,
Made lovely forms in Coffee Cup form builder, which of course don't work on Plus Net. This is what it says in the Coffee Cup blurb. Have no idea what it means, although am ok with ordinary web design and basic server/ftp functions. Could any kind person tell me what this might mean in PlusNet terms? I have no idea how to get this form to work - and the CGI, CCGI, SHELL, etc etc stuff is just terrifying. (Am also kind of miffed Coffee Cup say these forms are so easy. Don't seem very easy if you have the wrong host.)
Many many thanks to anyone who can help. As you might expect, it's very urgent.
Alijazz
>>>>>>>>>
Folder Paths
If you are an advanced user, you can change the folder paths for the upload directory to a
or absolute path so that you can have your files stored to a non web accessible folder. In the
script there is a line of code: define(‘CC_FB_UPLOADS_DIRECTORY’, ‘files’); You can modify this as needed.
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: Coffee Cup Form Builder

I have looked at this software before and its confusing you could try the tutor videos at http://www.coffeecup.com/form-builder/help/tutorials/
The problem with it is(I am going from memory) that the form design is very good but its the final bit thats the problem. The final bit is setting up how to get the info from the form and some of the option are asp,perl  and php.
With each option you need a different setup asp is windows only so thats out php etc would have to go n the cgi server      but the setup from within coffecup isnt very clear.
It doesnt real give you very much at the end of the day using Plusnet script is very simple all coffecup gives you is a nice designer
alijazz

Re: Coffee Cup Form Builder

Hi Samuria,
Thanks for responding.
Good news. I suddenly realised I could host the whole website on the CCGI server, so I did and the Coffee Cup forms work beautifully (you have to tweak the file permissions, but that's all). Because I am a designer, it's the design bit that is really important to me Smiley
Now I just need to find out how to point the second domain to a directory on the CCGI because it's my client's second company. Apparently I need to do something to the .htaccess file which is like telling me blah blah blah blah blah. Times are hard for a girl, I can tell ya.
Anyone good at .htaccesses?
Thanks again.
Ali