cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic FTP on Freenetname

colbrad
Grafter

Classic FTP on Freenetname

Hi, this is my first post on here, us old timers from Freenetname are feeling very neglected on the thinkbroadband forum these days Sad
anyway...
I'm using Classic FTP on a Mac to update a website that is hosted on my Freenetname account, although I can upload data without any problems, I don't seem to be able to delete any of the files that aren't required anymore and get the following message:
Unable to delete directory "folder name"
Doesn't make sense to me, what am I missing, anybody know why this may be so?
cheers
Colin
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Classic FTP on Freenetname

A warm welcome to the forum Colin.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Welcome to the Community. I've just replied to your post over on TBB, I'll go grab my reply and paste it in here:
Not sure why that would happen if I'm honest, does the folder have a .htaccess file or any other hidden files in there?
If you'd like to PM me an example of the folder you're trying to delete I'll take a look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Not sure why that would happen if I'm honest, does the folder have a .htaccess file or any other hidden files in there?

cheers for the welcome and ta for the reply chris,
i'll just have to reopen it and have a look, gimme a minute
colbrad
Grafter

I can't see any hidden files, although I'm not sure if Classic ftp would show them. all i can see are a bunch of folders and various html, htm files and one file called feed.xml which I'm not sure what that does
Chris
Legend

OK, if you can raise a ticket with a list of the folders you want deleting I'll try and get this pushed through from here for you and find out what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
colbrad
Grafter

EDIT
the ticket number is ID: 31239670
nice one, thanks chris
colbrad
Grafter

chris, I believe the problem lays with Classic FTP program as I've managed to make the edits without a hitch using Dreamweaver Smiley
I've just updated the ticket saying this too.
Chris
Legend

OK thanks for the update, didn't notice the ticket ID on there earlier. I'll take a look when I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.