cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose Broadband - Broadband Max Speed Anomaly

NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Choose Broadband - Broadband Max Speed Anomaly

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to put this thread. I'll be moving into my own place again and have been looking at what Broadband speeds are available at the property I'll be moving into.

However, when I complete the postcode and full address at https://www.plus.net/signup/choose-broadband/, my property is only able to get the 8-16Mbps package, whereas if I put the details of a neighboring flat (as in the same building, with a door that opens to the same landing), the choose broadband service suggests a 67-72Mbps fibre package.

Is the information on the Choose Broadband service likely to be accurate, or some weird anomaly?

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 278

Re: Choose Broadband - Broadband Max Speed Anomaly

@NinthPlanet Is this an old address of yours - as you imply - or merely a new residence for you. If you have lived there before, what speeds did you get? If the adjoining flat can get full speeds as you indicate, your result is clearly wrong.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

@NinthPlanet post the results from the BT wholesale address checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome for the two flats  that may explain

Redact personal information such as the actual address as this is a public forum

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Thanks for your help 🙂.

This is the result for the flat I will be moving into:

Screenshot from 2024-09-25 18-42-31.png

The following is the result for the neighboring flat:

Screenshot from 2024-09-25 18-44-56.png

They seem to be identical.

I don't know if this helps, but the way in which the addresses are formatted in the select address dropdown list are quite different, with the flat I'll be moving into having a different format from all the other flats in the same building.

NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Hi there,

Apologies for the confusion. I'm referring to a flat I will be moving into and one of the adjacent flats. I have not lived in either of the aforementioned flats.

jab1
Legend

@NinthPlanet wrote:

I don't know if this helps, but the way in which the addresses are formatted in the select address dropdown list are quite different, with the flat I'll be moving into having a different format from all the other flats in the same building.

That is most likely the problem - for some reason your 'new' address is wrong in the database.

John
jab1
Legend

@NinthPlanet It would be interesting and illuminating to see the text under both those entries.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

@NinthPlanet you might be able to order Fibre if you call rather than try to order online. Explain the difference in the addresses for the flats and hope you get someone who can make sense of it,

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'