Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat not available - even with adblocker switched off

balvack2
Grafter

Chat not available - even with adblocker switched off

Can anyone advise how to get the Chat service to work? I get an error saying

Your browser's blocking online chat

To chat to us, please switch off any ad blocking software.

even though I've switched off the ad-blocker for plus.net

9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Chat not available - even with adblocker switched off

Hi @balvack2,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble trying to get through to our web chat. Our live chat service is currently working and there are no issues we are aware of. It may be worth trying another browser or disabling ad-blocker if you are seeing the issue persist. We do have other support channels however and perhaps we can help you with any issues you may be having over here?

Thank you.

balvack2
Grafter

@Mads wrote:

Hi @balvack2,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble trying to get through to our web chat. Our live chat service is currently working and there are no issues we are aware of. It may be worth trying another browser or disabling ad-blocker if you are seeing the issue persist. We do have other support channels however and perhaps we can help you with any issues you may be having over here?

Thank you.

I HAVE switched off the ad-blocker, that's why I'm asking for further infornation!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @balvack2,

My apologies for missing that. Can you try the live chat service in a different browser and see if this works? If not we can assist you over this support channel if you prefer? Otherwise you can call our Customer Support team on 0800 432 0200 - there is no queue currently.

Thanks.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@balvack2   Download and install OPERA for a browser.... do not do any adjustments to the settings... and keep it as an icon on your desktop JUST TO USE WITH LIVE CHAT...

balvack2
Grafter

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look later when I'm back on my computer. Though that's pretty c**p if Chat is only guaranteed to work on a specific, unmodified browser given it's the way Plus recommend for contacting support. However given my experience of the support service over the last week then it doesn't really surprise me that they're making it as difficult as possible to raise an issue.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@balvack2  Generally, PlusNet are pretty good at support... once you get in touch with them.... I have been campaigning for about 8 years for them to "employ more staff" to cope with phone delays, and Live Chat has had its problems,... notably when the stole the suppport staff from there, to help out on the phones... meaning that people with disablity hearing problems, were being discriminated against, in favour of the hearing community getting better service.

I also campaigned on that point.... and within a couple of weeks, it was back in service... thank you  plus net.

I use Firefox as my browser, but , like you, for some reason it reports an adblocker ... so I used OPERA or Internet Explorer, with no other addons, etc... ie. straight out of the box... and it solves the problems.

Just keep it as a "stand by" for using Live Chat, or other sites that accuse you of running adblocker ! ! ..

if you get a notice that they are busy, after you "connect"... just refresh the page, and keep trying...  best times are early morning.. ( just after 8am... or   later in the evening,.. just before they "close down" for the day...

Good Luck

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Firefox appears to block a lot of things by default.

It's easy to individually 'unblock' the site you're on by clicking the shield icon to the left of the padlock in the address bar - select "Turn off Blocking for This Site".

Chat then works fine.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
balvack2
Grafter

That's exactly what I did but it didn't work so that's why I asked the question here. Seems a standalone browser is the way forward 😞

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Seems odd, but if that's the case I guess using Opera for Chat is no great hassle.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)