cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Provider

caldal

Changing Provider

Hi!

I'm thinking of changing providers as I find Plusnet offers both slow connection speeds, and is also quite expensive in comparison to some of the other deals out there just now eg Post Office for £17 and no contract, also some good deals at Sky. Have any other members feeling the same way about Plusnet? Any advice?  Thanks.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps title removed as per Forum rules

6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: CHANGING PROVIDER

You're speeds not likely to be much different with the Post Office than Plusnet.  That will be down to the physical attributes of your line (and possibly a fault if it is slower than what it should be).  As for the price there isn't much in the price of new customer deals between Plusnet and the Post Office, so if you are out of contract then it would be worth giving the COT team a call on 0800 013 2632 (select the "I'm thinking of leaving" option), and I've always managed to get a good deal for a new contract.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: CHANGING PROVIDER

Moderators Note.

I've moved this to everything else from broadband as it wasn't about a broadband issue Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Changing Provider

I second the @pjmarsh suggestion. The only thing I would add is don't bother to haggle on the basis of deals on offer to new Plusnet customers, that doesn't seem to work. Instead when you ring ask for the Post Office deal to be matched. Don't accept the first offer if it's not good enogh and remember that you can always say no 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@caldal wrote: ... eg Post Office for £17 and no contract, ...

The "no contract" bit might be attractive to some.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@caldal wrote: ... eg Post Office for £17 and no contract, ...

Just out of interest where have you found that offer?  The deal on the Post Office site is £18 on an 18 month contract.  USwitch and Broadband  Choices both have £17 on 12 month contracts, but I've not seen anything with no contract at that price.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caldal

Thank you to everyone who left a post about switching providers!