Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing DNS for old domain to point to CCGI site

mozza76
Hooked

Changing DNS for old domain to point to CCGI site

Hi there,
First off, apologies if this has been asked (many) times before, but I did a quick search in the forums and couldn't see an answer.
I've got two lots of webspace with plus.net. An old 100MB username.plus.com and a brand spanking new ccgi.username.plus.com one.
I also have an external domain name (not purchased from plus.net) which currently points to the original username.plus.com site.
Is there an easy way that I could point this domain name to my ccgi webspace instead of the old webspace? Would I have to contact plus.net directly by email to request this?
I've looked in the tool section of my basic webspace (where I can see the stuff to add DNS records to my associated domain name), but the only option for the ccgi webspace seems to be the Domain Forwarding Redirection Manager, which I don't believe does the same thing.
Also, slightly worryingly, it looks like there's someone else's email address connected to my username in the CCGI Control Panel. Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Changing DNS for old domain to point to CCGI site

The records you'll need can be found in the FAQ here.
If your domain is listed in the management drop-down in the Hosting Control panel then you just need to add the additional A and CNAME records as per the information in the FAQ.
If the domain isn't listed then let me know and I'll get it added for you.
I've seen a handful of people who had the name messed up during the provisioning process. I'll fix that for you now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bob
If the domain isn't listed then let me know and I'll get it added for you.

I notice you've already raised a support ticket so I've re-pointed the domain for you now. I've also fixed the Control Panel name thing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mozza76
Hooked

Thanks for sorting all this out Bob.
Great customer service!  Smiley