Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed PHP version, now I get Internal Server 500 errors

FIXED
Vega
Rising Star

Changed PHP version, now I get Internal Server 500 errors

I was getting notifications from Wordpress that my version of PHP was insecure so I went on to the plusnet hosting console and raised the PHP version to 7.4 in PHP manager.  I now get 500 Internal server error message on the web site. A similar problem to this post.  https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/CCGI-Webspace-PHP-version/td-p/1714422

I've tried reverting the php version back to 7.2 but get the same error. I now cannot access my WP Dashboard. I wish to migrate the website to another host but I cannot do this without access to the WP Dashboard.

Please Help!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Vega
Rising Star

Re: Changed PHP version, now I get Internal Server 500 errors

Also, I cannot see an phpMyAdmin option in Plusnet Hosting anymore. Can somebody advise where it is?

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Looks like there’s a more recent topic on this. Do the steps here https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Can-t-find-PHPmyAdmin-on-hosting-plus-net-and-database... help?

Vega
Rising Star

HI Thrall that will come in very handy, however I cannot run adminer while I'm still getting 500 Internal Server errors everywhere on my ccgi space ( http://ccgi.cookuk.plus.com/ ) . Sad I need to get the php version problem sorted first and I'm at a total loss.

If someone can just get it working in some capacity, then I can get on with migrating the site away from there. (I learned the hard way by not backing up before updating PHP).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Vega I'm sorry to see you're having issues accessing your webspace. I've raised this to our NetOps team for further investigation and I'll provide an update within the next 3 working days as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

There should be something in a log somewhere - not sure where PN php installs log their PHP errors to.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @Vega 

I raised a ticket with Hostopia and they've identified the problem was with the .htaccess file in the root directory so they've disabled it and now the PHP should be working correctly.

They've recommended that you'd need to rewrite the code to support the new version of PHP. 

In the meantime this should be sorted so you can grab the webspace data and move to another host.

Let me know if there are further issues though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vega
Rising Star

Great thanks Gandalf. I have access to my WP Dashboards again. Now I can get on with Migrating. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good, no problem @Vega 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet