cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change nameserver of my plusnet-domain

Schorliee

Change nameserver of my plusnet-domain

Dear PlusNet-Community, 

I am setting up a website and still have an old domain of plusnet. I really would like to connect the plusnet-domain to my siteground-webhost and thus need to change my nameservers. I tried changing my nameservers through the DNS management, but it hasn't worked yet. 

Do you have any other tips? 

I really would appreciate your support and answer! Smiley 

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Change nameserver of my plusnet-domain

I have my own domains, but none are hosted by PlusNet so I can't comment on their policy. I thought they didn't support that?

Also bear in mind any DNS changes, including name servers can take up 48 hours (so 2 days) to propegrate around the internet. So it is possible you have done it all correctly but have to wait - yes I know it is very annoying. 😱

Schorliee

Haha, yeah that domain is 16 years old. I just recently changed nameservers on another domain and that took me 2 hours.. so I havent really expected it to be already longer than 12 hours..

But thank you anyway Smiley 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @Schorliee 

The age of the domain shouldn't matter - it depends on the DNS cache upating itself.

I've just checked mine, I only really use it for Microsoft Exchange hosting. All looks fine and the mails are coming through so I am happy.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We don't support changing nameservers. You'd need to transfer the domain to a registrar that does.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵