Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change hosted domain registered email address

FIXED
FridayFeeling
Hooked

Change hosted domain registered email address

Hello community,

I've had a .co.uk domain hosted on Plusnet (Force9) since around 2001.

I've recently consolidated the email addresses registered to all my other (non-plusnet) domains so they all show up under the same nominet ownership record.  I would like to do this to my Plusnet-hosted .co.uk, but as others from a similar era have found, I am no longer able to make this email change myself via the portal and I have no idea what the exact registered address is.

Could someone with the appropriate PN contacts help?  Essentially I want to change it to my plusnet account Gmail address.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Change hosted domain registered email address

Hello @FridayFeeling

Thanks a lot for reaching out, I'll be more than happy to pick this up. I've just created an open Ticket on the account, give me a shout on here once you've responded to it and I'll be happy to get a task raised with our NetOps Team.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
FridayFeeling
Hooked

Hi @adam945 

Thanks for getting back to me.  Just a quick note to say I have responded to the Ticket you raised on the portal.

Cheers.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot @FridayFeeling

I've just raised this with our NetOps Team and will keep you updated once I get a response. I won't be around tomorrow though but should have a response at some point on Wednesday. Smiley

Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hello @FridayFeeling 

Just dropping in to let you know that our NetOps Team have gotten back to me and have advised that the email address has now been updated.

If you'd like to have a look, and let me know if you're having any further issues at all. Smiley

Adam
FridayFeeling
Hooked

Hi @adam945 

Rightly or wrongly I assumed that once the registered email for the domain was updated, the domain would appear with my others when I log into nominet with that email.  At the moment it's not showing up. On nominet I did the "forgot password" to force it to look up again all domains associated with my email, but it hasn't joined up with the others.

Is there anything else you or I need to do to push the email address change through to nominet?

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @FridayFeeling, thanks for your message.

I have queried this further with our Net Ops and will get back to you once I have a response from them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
FridayFeeling
Hooked

Hi @LaurenB and @adam945 

I logged into nominet this evening and my domain has now appeared with the others.  Either you've done something extra or nominet needed the night to update things. 

Either way this issue is now sorted. 

Thanks both for your help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff 😊
There must have been something that our NetOpe Team overlooked. @LaurenB ‘s comment on the task earlier today looks to have done the trick!
Give us a shout if you need any further assistance at all. 😊
 Adam