cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access homepage server via ftp - Getting error 530

paulb1

Cant access homepage server via ftp - Getting error 530

I can't get into the home page servers via ftp - keeps telling me incorrect password.  I am fairly sure the password is correct as I can get into the squirrel mail system.

I tried raising a ticket but unfortunately it was more than the level 1 help desk could cope with

Any ideas on how to get it fixed?

TIA Paul

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Cant access homepage server via ftp - Getting error 530

When you say home page servers are you trying to log into the Plusnet Member Centre? If so the password is the same as is entered on the router. 

I am confused (probably because I do not use Plusnet for my emails) but I was not aware that you could get into the Plusnet mail system without going through the Member Centre.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

paulb1

Thanks for the response, however I can get into the member centre.  Its the personal website service as per the following link

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-your-plusnet-webspace/

that I can't access

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Personal accounts don't come with any webspace these days as explained in your link, so are you a business customer? If so you might get a better response on the Business board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@paulb1 How long is it since you last logged into your webspace? Have you changed your account password since then? Wondering if your homepages password hasn't updated.

David
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @paulb1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties logging into your webspace. The username and password should be the same as the ones that you use to login to the member centre. If it won't accept these details on the webspace login page, I'd recommend that you reset your password via the link here and then try again.

Please let us know if this problem persists and we'll get this investigated further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
paulb1

Emily,

I have tried the password reset as a way of curing this.  No luck, still can't login.

Any thoughts?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

IIRC a change to the account password is NOT reflected into the web server pages file store. As per above, have you tried your original password?

One for @bobpullen

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.