cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we raise support questions any more?

inverse_square

Can we raise support questions any more?

It was always difficult to raise a support question.: visit Help and Support, navigate various menus according to the type of problem, and eventually you could click "none of the above answers my question" and then you would get a link to raise a support question that would be read  y a human being within 24 hours. This seems to be impossible now. All navigations lead eventually to "Online chat" (does not connect), or "Give us a call" (recording says wait time is about one hour, then deafening 'music'. I just want to raise a support question. Is that service still available?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
junct9
Hooked

Re: Can we raise support questions any more?

It still exists but well hidden, you'll find it here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html

but good luck with that because it may take several weeks to get a response using that method.

inverse_square

Thanks junct9.

They used to respond within 36 hours (I think) but that may have fallen by the wayside!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If your ticket doesn't relate to one of the categories listed the ticket will be bounced telling you to use chat or phone! Angry

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@inverse_square wrote:

I just want to raise a support question. Is that service still available?

If you'd like to elaborate on what you want to ask we'd be happy to try and help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BillEvil
Hooked

Yes, they seem to have made it very difficult to find, it took me ages the other day after continually being told to phone and online chat is unavailable (not that I want to use online chat). There seems no other option. I did eventually manage to find the page to raise a ticket but goodness knows how.

Not that it is of any use, no one has bothered to email me yet about the problem.

I wonder why Internet companies always insist you have to use the old fashioned telephone rather than do things via email or at least web forms. Bloody annoying, I hate using the phone and being phoned.

Plusnet managed to lose my domain, digitaluniverse.org.uk because they did not recognise the tag given to me by 1&1, and the only other tage containing the phrase "1and1" has sent my domain into oblivion. !&1 haven't got it, and the domain no longer appears in my Plusnet account yet apparently it is still registered via Plusnet.

street7cat
Dabbler

I have also been frustrated by not being able to raise a support question recently.  I tried the Chat line eventually and was No.19 in the queue and had a very long wait.  My query was "how could I possibly have used 4 GB of my month's 6 GB allowance in one hour, when only looking at Google News, Twitter and Facebook on my computer".  I had also received 3 warnings in 6 e-mails from Plus Net during that hour (they always send messages in duplicate for some reason) stating that I was exceeding my allowance.  These were all dated with the same date and time.

After a rather confusing typed conversation with an Assistant when I eventually made contact, I was advised to turn off my router that night and he would then contact me with his findings.  He didn't!  I then contacted the Chat Line again a few days later (No. 3 in the queue this time) and had a different Assistant. I had to repeat everything all over again but, again, nothing was resolved, apart from being given instructions on how to change my router password.

I had exactly the same problem a year previously with a massive use recorded during a couple of hours, when only using e-mail.  I was easily able to raise a question that time, using the old system, but was still no wiser as to what had occurred and, like the latest happening, had to pay the excess usage charge.

Has anybody else had the above excess usage problem or gained anything from trying the Chat Line?

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi 

You may have someone piggybacking your system. Suggest you ensure you change your router password, hide your Router ID and ensure your wifi is password protected. There are other measures you can take such as restricting Mac addresses but this depends on your router (and technical ability)

Regards