cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to my account - or webmail.

FIXED
dogbertd

Can't login to my account - or webmail.

I'm having problems logging in to my account on the Plusnet webpage and also to Webmail. Seems to have started sometime in the last couple of days. Even using an email client doesn't help, I just keep getting a message that login failed ("your email server rejected your login")

I can't check my account either, again it says "login failed". i tried to reset my password, but of course the reset goes to my Plusnet email - which I can't get. So I've had to setup this new identity on the Forum to see if i can get help.

Any ideas before i spend hours on the phone?

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Can't login to my account - or webmail.

Hello there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems logging into your Member Centre.

If you private message me with your username I'll be happy to check your account over tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your PM

Looking into your account, I see the problem.

Our network team have changed your password because they believed the security of your mailbox has been compromised. If you reset your password here you should be able to login with your new password.

More information on this ticket

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
dogbertd

Thanks.

But the problem i have is that the reset email goes to my plusnet email inbox. Which i can't access. Because someone reset my password without telling me.

Is there any way to get the reset email sent to my gmail address? Or simply have someone PM me with a temporary PW? Otherwise I'll be stuck in this loop forever 🙂

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry, I didn't think that through fully. I'll be happy to give you a call to sort this out?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thank you for your time on the phone. I'm happy that you're now able to updated your password and access your Member Centre. If we can help with anything else please do let us know.

dogbertd

Thanks very much for all your help Anoush!

I just need to set up my email so that if I'm locked out from Plusnet in the future I've got my mail forwarded to gmail!

Dogbertd

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem. Smiley You could also change your correspondence email address on the Member Centre, so any password resets should be sent to an alternate address other than your Plusnet one.