cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to Portal

thejudge
Rising Star

Can't log in to Portal

Just tried getting into the Portal for the first time in a week or two, and I'm confronted by a large pop-up about cookies. Clicking on either the 'Accept' or 'Change' options doesn't do anything and so I can't get to the Login button. This is happening on Firefox even with all add-ons disabled. I could get in in Chrome, but I don't want to. Please could this obtrusive pop-up be removed, or at least made to work in FF?
5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Can't log in to Portal

Hi @thejudge,

I can't seem to replicate the problem you're having.

If it works in Chrome it should work in Firefox but if there is Java Script disabling on the browser then it might have some problems. Are you using a booked marked link? Does the same thing happen browsing from the 'home page > my account > broadband, phone and TV', what version of Firefox is it you're using?

Unfortunately the pop up won't be able to be removed. 

thejudge
Rising Star

Hello Joe. I should have said that, rather than Firefox (61.0.2 EME-free on Windows 7) with add-ons disabled, I used Firefox in Safe Mode (which, I would have thought, would have disabled all add-ons anyway). The same thing happens when I navigate to it the way you suggested. I get the pop-up in IE11, but can click through it on that.
thejudge
Rising Star

OK, this just in:

I have two backup Firefox profiles and I don't have this problem with either of them.

Can I narrow down what in my main profile could be causing the problem and change/delete just that? I hate the thought of having to start from a whole new profile.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@thejudge

How odd. I would imagine you can cross reference the profiles to see what's different, but I've never done it myself. Do you use a specific profile manager or the Mozilla one? From what I've just found Mozilla have an application to manage profiles I don't know if that would be of use.  

thejudge
Rising Star

Refreshing the Firefox profile seems to have sorted this out.